Picking A New RV/VAN and Not Gettting Ripped Off

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Movingtarget

Reaction score
<p style="margin: 0px;">Okay new here and am looking to purchase a Class B and start my adventure. I am going to Alaska first so I need something reliable. Looking at a 1994 Roadtrek 190 in supposedly good shape tomorrow. It has&nbsp;77K miles on it. But I don't know if it counts miles by&nbsp;100K so that is suspect at this point.&nbsp;In your educated opinions if this in in good shape what's it worth? Just a nieghborhood guess IYO.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Thank you,</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Bob</p>

Hey Bob

Best bet is to check an NADA book, or some such. I'm willing to bet there's a Roadtrek forum which can provide an answer. There's also www.rv.net, and some manufacturer reps probably hang out there, or others in the RV industry.

Our 95 Intervec Falcon, four years ago, listed retail at $14.5k, as it only had about 26000 miles and was in excellent shape. I offered them 12 and they took it. Several days later I found an old Internet ad where the previous owner had been trying to sell it for 9. Completely destroyed my self delusion of being a wheeler dealer lol.

Take it on a test drive to a mechanic to get an opinion on the condition. Then try to get a general value range from a credible source, then bargain from there. Be prepared to spend some money on surprises.

Good luck and welcome.

<P>good old road wrecks just kiddin worked on alot of them over the years seem to hold there value pretty good.everyone we get on our lot at the stealership goes pretty quick.just beat the bushes get want you want for the price you want.</P>

<p style="margin: 0px;">Well the search goes on. The unit had Issues with paint peeling and I don't need that. I get the feeling this search is going to take awhile...</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">BTW I really like your Van. Very similar to what I am looking for.</p>

Latest posts