Photography

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoamingUSA79

Reaction score
I love photography can't wait to get back out there and keep working on my skills.  I love viewing the world in many different ways. What is your passion

Hey, My husband used to take photos wherever he goes but he takes photos of nature not us  :D He is not a photographer anyway but he is in love with the camera. My hobby, I love to play with my dogs all the time and taking care of them. :heart:

Granny are you near Quartzsite? There are plenty of hen parties to be found for quilting, crocheting, knitting, etc.

Cammalu, unfortunately I am not. My husband wants no part of traveling of any kind so it is going to take me a while to get going. Also I am healing from a torn tendon. When I do set out it will be in my car then hopefully I can save enough to buy a van. Right now I have to live vicariously through everyone on the forums and YouTube. :)
when I do set out I will be bringing items to sell at flea markets and such along the way.

Photography has been a passion for many years.

Attachments

• _WRD3757_58_59_60_61_tonemapped_Sepia.jpg
    _WRD3757_58_59_60_61_tonemapped_Sepia.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • _WRD4309_B&W.jpg
    _WRD4309_B&W.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 19
jessica thomas said:
Hey, My husband used to take photos wherever he goes but he takes photos of nature not us  :D He is not a photographer anyway but he is in love with the camera. My hobby, I love to play with my dogs all the time and taking care of them. :heart:

It is a fun hobby. Always a different way to see things, angles, distance, lighting

Attachments

• Flower_fusion.jpg
    Flower_fusion.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 10
I like cityscapes and kids.

That makes me, respectively, a terrorist subject to random violence by idiots and a child molester/general pervert.

I've loved photography for decades, even took university classes in cinematography, but gave up the notion. Middle-aged white guys better do it in the studio. But that's not what I like. Universe? Close down, thanks.

My passions  turn into paying work sooner or later. But then when they do turn into work I have a need to do product photography. I would get better at that if I enjoyed it more and of course if I was better at it then I would enjoy it more and maybe do some hobby photos just for fun.

sometimes I get lucky enough that a professional takes shots of my work when it is installed at a clients garden, this one was in a magazine, look at the thumbnail image at the bottom of the post and click to enlarge. She framed the house with a red Japanese maple which was a nice touch. Her composition was also a lot more interesting than product photography tends to be.

I took this one out in the garden, it did not come out too badly, I enjoyed the red flowers as part of the scene, a snap of bright color enhanced the feel. I do enjoy taking photos of gardens and sometimes do that for the pleasure of it. For a decade or so gardening was my mega hobby but I don't want to keep one up now.
seaside1.jpg
This image was shot by a professional photographer, it has also been in magazines and newspapers. Unfortunately the slide scan has the color washed out. I will have to get a new scan done of the slide.
wings.jpg
This image is another one I took, setting up the lighting was a struggle as I do not own a good set of lights. It too has been used in a magazine article.
acorn-cottage-interior.jpg

So I really should focus more on getting better at photography although I rarely build these large birdhouses anymore. But I do have one more designed that I have started building and I will get back to work on it after I finish my travel trailer build and get settled into some BLM time next winter with lots of hours to focus on such things.

Attachments

• seaside1.jpg
    seaside1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.Carol9_FIX.jpg
    5.Carol9_FIX.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 7
  • wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 5
  • acorn-cottage-interior.jpg
    acorn-cottage-interior.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 6
I used to do aerial photography from my PPC ultralight. Sold a few pics to magazines over the years, but now with drones taking over I just fly for fun. Pics below are Mt Bachelor and Lava Butte near Bend Oregon where I live during the summer.

IMG_20190316_041842_362.jpg

IMG_20190316_041953_577.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_041842_362.jpg
    IMG_20190316_041842_362.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190316_041953_577.jpg
    IMG_20190316_041953_577.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 13
hugemoth said:
I used to do aerial photography from my PPC ultralight. Sold a few pics to magazines over the years, but now with drones taking over I just fly for fun. Pics below are Mt Bachelor and Lava Butte near Bend Oregon where I live during the summer.
That PPC looks like a great hobby!  I got to go up in a 2 seat ultralight one time, it was a blast. But as we had a Cessna 150 it I just went up on an excursion flight sold by the hour of time. I also got to go up in a powered glider from the same airport in Arlington, WA. Two great flying time memories.

Photography, guitar, and jewelry making.
Oh, and spending time on forums  :sleepy: 20170717_213256-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20190323-111352.jpg

Very nice work Maki, wow!

Attachments

• 20170717_213256-01.jpeg
    20170717_213256-01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20190323-111352.jpg
    Screenshot_20190323-111352.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 4
Work camping in the Colorado mountains just beautiful.

Attachments

• 20190831_125841.jpg
    20190831_125841.jpg
    800.2 KB · Views: 8