Perforated Window Vinyl Installation for Privacy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeauSolais

Reaction score
I would like to have white, perforated window vinyl installed on my van windows to help with privacy. I am in Chicagoland now, and am driving down to Florida in about a week and a half. Does anyone know of a good installer, either here in Chicagoland or in the Tampa Bay, Florida, areas?

doesn't that stuff only work if the person looking in is a distance away? and there is no light on inside the van? highdesertranger

Yeah it does not stop all from seeing but it works to some extent they mostly use it for sign making, they print on it, I have been thinking of using it as well, apparently it is very easy to install not like solar film where you get bubbles, this stuff because of the holes doesn’t have that issue. You put it on a bit larger then the opening and press it down then cut it around the edges. I guess not allowing it to bend together would something you would have to watch for. I have never installed it but the guys at the sign shop said it was not difficult so I imagine the backing could be peeled away as you rub it on. I think it is a good idea for privacy, it would darken the inside and I wonder how long it lasts as it is usually applied to the outside.

In my industry (sign making) I have used the perf in several ways....  large format printing and also just as a window covering.

there are two types you can get.... a 50/50 which is used mostly on vehicles and 70/30  which is used mostly in commercial type windows

the 50/50 has an even amount of holes to vinyl where as the 70/30 has much more vinyl and less holes...

it is difficult to see into a vehicle with either,  but if the interior has a light on and its dark outside... you will be able
to look in from the outside... it will be a fuzzy view, like a pixilated photograph

Im in wilmington, nc... been doing signs since 1974 and still doing it after retirement, hard to break an old dog from old habits :)