parking in south florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanguy

Reaction score
hi guys. just got to ft lauderdale from orlando. having trouble overnight parking. are the walmarts ok? i see no reviews at all from allstays about them.

vanguy said:
hi guys. just got to ft lauderdale from orlando. having trouble overnight parking. are the walmarts ok? i see no reviews at all from allstays about them.

Just because a Walmart was ok for overnight parking last week/month/year  doesn't mean it still is.  A new, aggressively enforced local ordinance could have just gone into effect.  The only safe thing to do is call ahead or go in and ask them before you try it. 

http://www.hours-locations.com/walmart/  will give you their phone numbers.

Regards
John

I would be very surprised if they let you. If your vehicle is stealthy, I would just try it and see. Most tourist areas seem to ban it here in Florida, though Orlando is pretty laid back about it except in Winter Park/Casselberry.

The Walmart in Saint Augustine has signs not allowing but only rarely enforce.  In the winter it sometimes gets out of control and looks like an RV park.  Then you can count on the knock soon.

My friend was living in his pick up cab a few years back and stayed at Walmart most of the time. One night it was packed full of vans and RV'S. He said around 2:00 AM the cops  started knocking on doors. People were yelling to give time to get dressed. He was one of the few that did not get caught and he was laying in the back seat floorboard to make sure.

There has been a Class C moved in and at the same spot for about the last 6 weeks.  I saw it was still there tonight with his little blue scooter parked by his side door entrance.

Guess the ones in touristy places are  harder to stay at
A SEEKER

Latest posts