Old Rv engine motor repairs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dodge Transvan.. I've always wanted the smaller single wheel version. They just look 1970's funky and neat. There is a '78 4x4 dually transvan for sale in SoCal for 2g's that looks restorable...

Yes, it is difficult to find mechanics to repair older engines because the spare parts are not easily available in all regions. The only solution will be to import the parts from other states and that will increase the repair cost.

Who told you parts were hard to find/get? Engine parts for the big three are readily available. In many areas of the country you must order parts for any age vehicle so I don't see why that should be an issues. Doesn't matter if it's a 2021 or a 1980.

BTW A vehicle with GM drive train is by far the cheapest to repair.

Also head over to the Newcomers corner" and give us an intro.

Highdesertranger

The OP posted that in early 2018, and a new member 'bumped' this thread.

This thread is not quite dead, but it does have whiskers on it.

Parts for my 86 Chev G20 are readily available either on the shelf or a day away at the warehouse. Body and interior parts too but not at the parts store, just takes a little more looking. Heck, I can find any part for my 73 FLH too just not from mother Harley. Can't find a new dash vent for the van and truck vents aren't the same, don't ask me how I know.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Latest posts