Noticed a couple of Class C boondockers recently...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creative_life

Reaction score
I'm sure they're boondockers because they're in a yellow / white older model class C Tioga and they've been moving up and down and around the shopping center parking lot near where I work. When I first saw the Class C I told my husband about it because I thought it was cute. I figured they were traveling and passing through. But now I see it almost every day.

I'd like to meet them but not sure what to do. Leave a note on the window and offer to buy dinner? Knock on the door? Stalk them and wait for them to leave the camper? Any ideas?

SMILE!! :D

Peter & Kay Forwood were on the road and traveled through all 193 internationally recogonised countries...a trip that took over 15 years, and was done entirely on a Harley.

When asked what was the most important tool he had brought with him on the journey, Peter responded...."a SMILE!" :D

"It's a universally understood symbol of friendship and kindness. I never leave home without one."

call the cops on them, say you saw one of them smoking drugs, and theres chemical smelling smoke coming out of the top of the RV, then when all the cops and firemen are around, you know its safe to introduce yourself...

JK

I'd just wait till a door or something was open or when one of em was around the vehicle... when I lived in an RV I really didnt like people introducing themselves when I had doors shut windows drawn and was in my RV.

The best approach is to wait until you see them outside but you might have to stalk them for that so leave a note on the door or the window ( we get a little worried about window notes because we think we're being asked to leave ) telling them that you work nearby and that you're interested in RVing. Invite them to meet you for coffee.

Our RV is a little unusual so we're often approached in parking lots.Most people will circle around several times and depending on how we feel we'll go out and talk with them, open the window and talk with them or just ignore them. Sometimes they'll catch us when we're outside or approach us if the weather is nice and we have the door opened. Most people are hesitant about knocking. We're very happy to talk about our RV and lifestyle and every encounter has been pleasant. Follow Patrick's advice about a smile. :) Let us know if you do contact them. Maybe they're members here or potentially new members!

I think most of you guys have seen pics of my old hot-rod panel truck.

It was really a cool fun vehicle, and people were always approaching us and making fun comments about it, or how their Grampa had one too.

now, if we had the teardop hooked up to it...WOW, there were times when we simply couldn't get away!! Everybody wanted to talk about the truck, or the teardrop, or BOTH!! :D

Good Times!

exactly... the revocon trailblazer was one in a million... litterally... I still remember trying to sleep and two guys got right outside the window next to my bed and almost started yelling at eachother how cool they though my RV was, wondering how much it cost, would I be willing to sell it, etc etc. and I just know their purpose was to get me up and have me show them the inside etc.... god... that (and a few other reasons) is EXACTLY why I plan to go full stealth this time.