Nissan van reaches 500,000 miles

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
500,000 miles! Wow. Mine's only got 50,000. Thanks for the link. Gives me serious peace of mind (and that's priceless).

speedhighway46 said:
For those of you interested in Nissan vans, this article may interest you.

http://m.worktruckonline.com/articl...ekly-&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Enewsletter

That's impressive! The aggressive maintenance schedule is probably the main reason it was able to run with so few problems, butt the fact that they had so few failures of any components shows how well the vehicle is engineered and built. The class B and C manufacturers should really consider this as a base vehicle if they aren't already doing so.

I have a Nissan truck approaching 200,000 miles and it's been great . I can see getting more out of it even if it has to be rebuilt.

MrNoodly: I get about 16 mpg in my Nissan NV and that's a hightop. Started at 14 though. Those figures in the link you referenced probably were for typical commercial uses (heavily ladened). My rig is practically empty compared to a commercially used van.

Very impressive.
I am even more intrigued because several companies are now offering after-market 4x4 conversions for the NV3500!
Super expensive, but still less than a Mercedes without the need to sell a kidney every time you need service - which will be alot with Mercedes.

550K miles in 2 years is over 5.2k miles every week. I wonder if they got a metric speedometer, (kilometers), and think it is miles.

I like the drivetrain on the Nissan, and even though it's ugly as sin I like how the engine is a bit more accessible due to the nose. It's just a tad too short for me on the inside, although I could possibly work around this. The biggest obstacle is the cost for a new one!

DannyB1954 said:
550K miles in 2 years is over 5.2k miles every week. I wonder if they got a metric speedometer, (kilometers), and think it is mil
es.
Thought I would break it down some more. 550,000 /2 is  275,000 miles per year. / by 52 weeks is 5,288 miles per week. If you drove 7 days a week it would be 5288 / 7 = 755 miles every day. If you were able to average 50 MPH including your stops, that would be 755/50 = 15 hours a day. Even with two drivers I think this unlikely. I double checked this by 275,000 / 365 = 753 miles every day. 

Any Commercial drivers have input?