Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Living

Reaction score
My name is Peg I am new to this I am just beginning to set up my van. I am finding this very difficult to do with some good fear but much excitement. I am a 73 year old woman, lots of energy but do have some disabilities.
I am a controlled diabetics on insulin, with back injury. I am a retired nurse 39 years. I have lived in different places but have never really seen the United States. Since I was hurt in 1977 I find it very hard to live on the income that I make. The insulin that I take is very expensive, what do manage as I have lived in subsidized.
I find myself always without and never able to get ahead. The thought of traveling in my van and figuring out my budget that showed me there is a possibility to be able to do this and I'm looking forward to trying it.
I have always been one for adventure and find myself wanting to do more of this and living the best of my life to all of its potential.
Hoping to talk with many of you and enjoy meeting people and making new friends!

Welcome Peg to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Good for you Peg..... never to old to become free..... free from mortgages, actually free from the imposed American Dream.... I think Nomadism is the new American Dream for so many

jT

Welcome Peg! Looking forward to hearing of your adventures!

Welcome Peg. We are in this together. We are both disabled elderly prepping to go on the road like Hippy Adventurers. We can do this with style.   :D

Peg, if and when you get out you might find that your meds are much cheaper if you buy them right across the border.

Many of us take at least one trip a year into Mexico for dental and meds.

You can call the purple pharmacy in Algodones and find out the prices.