New to Rving

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaelema

Reaction score
My brother bought a 1985 GMC 3500 Ventura Leisure Craft. Then 7 days later he passed away. It was his plan to live in it. Not so much to travel, but to live in. We were going to fix it up. Yes imagine that, something that old needing work. It runs so far every thing works. The interior looks great. The outside looks good. Yes the roof leaks. The people he bought it from bought it from bought it in 2006. It was garage keep since then. They used it to go camping a few times a year. It has a 5.7 motor. It runs .but needs work. I have been interested in Van life a long time.
But this vehicle is very special. It is something my Brother really wanted. He only gave 7200. For it I know that's a little high. But it was his not mine. I am going to make sure it gets fixed like he wanted. I have the ability to do most of the work myself. So it will a labor of love. I'm sure he will be right there working on it beside me. He passed on the 7th of August. It still hasn't been easy. But I will get it fixed up for him.

Great way to tribute your brother... welcome, you’ll find lots of good helps here I think. We all have learned a few things from each other. You can fix and fix.... but there’s always something more you can add. Hope you can have moments where you can laugh with your brother as you fix up his and now your dream...

Thank you. That is the plan. I want to thank everyone on this forum. And yourself. I miss my little Brother so much. I know that he is HAPPY that his dreams will be fulfilled. I have been ghosting this forum for awhile. It's a great place to learn.

Welcome Michaelema!

Thanks for sharing the tribute to your brother, and please post updates here as you move thru the process....and we'd love to see pics!