New RV Nomad

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Cohen

Reaction score
My name is Jason and I just began a new life chapter. I just began my RV life with the purchase of a travel trailer. Not only is it new in the aspect of a new way of living but also me because I have never trailed anything before. I am a solo traveler so it is with deep hope that I get to meet new people and developer lasting friendships within the community. My travel companion is Lil'Bear my 2 1/2 year old mini goldendoodle. So together we begin our Big Bear/Lil'Bear travel adventure. We just started the first phase of our first trip. From our home base in Dade City, Florida we spent some time in Lake Magic Orlando, Florida. We are now heading to Jacksonville Beach where Beach. We will be staying at Huguenot Park. From there we will be heading up the East Coast to visit family on Long Island, NY. Somewhere around
October 1st we will be begging the second leg which will bring us to the mountains of Tennessee. So far that's all I've plotted out and would love suggestions and ideas. I'm excited to hear from all of you!

I hope to meet y'all on the road!

I hope you have fun on your adventure. I don't know much about the East coast, but hey if ya ever get to the NW or west coast I have a few things of interest you might want to do....
Straight up learning curve for the trailer stuff. I am too much of a chicken to try that at this point but sounds like you have lots of time to figure it out. I am also a bit dyslexic so backing up for me is enough of a challenge without a trailer.
Take care and enjoy

Many parks may be closed to camping after Labor Day in the Eastern part of the country. Be sure to have a plan B!

Congratulations on your new adventures, and yes to a Plan B.

Always have water, propane and a charged battery, in case you can’t find a campground.

As you work your way up the east coast, be sure to explore coastal Georgia and South Carolina.

Safe travels.

Welcome Jason and we hope you will keep us updated on your journey....

We love pics, and if you have any questions, the members here are very knowledgeable...just ask!

Travel safe.

Welcome to the Van Living Forum Jason. :)

I might suggest you visit the bottom link below this post. It is a portal of handy info and links that is designed to offer comfort, convenience, and safety for the Nomad life.

All the best in your travels.

Thank you, yes I have my route up the coast planned with parks booked until I get to Southern NJ. I need to find an inexpensive RV park in South Jersey to stay for around 2 nights then heading to Long Island where even the state and county (Suffolk county) parks are ridiculously expensive. I'm planning on staying there for 2 weeks (inclusive of my birthday). If anyone knows of inexpensive Long Island places your input is valued! When you say a plan B what would you suggest?

Welcome Jason and we hope you will keep us updated on your journey....

We love pics, and if you have any questions, the members here are very knowledgeable...just ask!

Travel safe.
Currently I am at Huguenot memorial Park in Jacksonville Beach. The views are absolutely stunning being right on the inlet. Unfortunately the weather isn't cooperating and it's been raining and storming the entire time. I'm here so I'm not able to enjoy the beauty as much as I would like. But for anyone looking for a great beachfront the sites do have 30 and 50 amp hookups but no water or sewage. They do have a fell station and dump station right across from the site I'm in. But definitely someplace. I would like to come back two and hopefully better weather.

Attachments

• PXL_20240902_230700456.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240902_230700456.MP.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240902_215532376.mp4
    19.3 MB
By plan B I mean checking out alternatives like calling local government offices to see if they can recommend places you might park if you have to. Check in advance commercial parking lots, 24 hour restaurants like Cracker Barrel or Denny’s. Local hospitals or motels with truck parking areas. Universities or 24 hour gyms which might even have plugins for diesel vehicles in their parking areas. Have at least a few places to stay should something prevent you from staying where you have planned. Be aware of day use areas as well as many places have time limits on how long you can park. Always good to check out alternatives in advance when traveling to new areas.