New person :)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveelvin

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I've registered here few months ago, but didn't post much...I've been reading the posts often, and got to know you from far.

I'm still not living in a van, or own a van, but I'm planning to become full timer in the fall 2013..

I'm 37, male, and have full time college professorship job. I teach music, and love my job. I've been married for a year and half, but unfortunately we will be getting a divorce very shortly. (We married too fast- this is a whole other story)

I'm currently living in overseas in Turkey, (I've been here for three years). I miss USA dearly...

I told few of my friends my crazy idea of moving to NY in a van, so that I don't have to pay high rent costs of NY. I would like to be a performing musician full time, instead spending a lot of energy on teaching, or doing various odd jobs most musicians have to do to survive in NY.
None of my friends supported me with this of course and think I've finally lost it.

So in short, this is my story.. Happy to be here at the forum.. I learned a lot so far from you!
Peace,
LoveElvin.

Hey LOveElvin! Welcome! There have been a few musicians that have been vandwellers. I'll try to dig up some links, and maybe some will chime in here.

<p>&nbsp;</p><p><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: medium;'><span style="font-size: small;">LoveElvin,</span><br> <br><span style="font-size: small;"> Welcome to the GROUP!</span><br> <br><span style="font-size: small;"> Do you remember the first scenes of "It's A Wonderful Life"? Clarence is told that he is to get down to Earth and help George Baily. He asks God, "Why? Is he sick?" The response is a pillar of wisdom. "Oh, no! It is much worse... he is discouraged."</span><br> <br><span style="font-size: small;"> I don't think our friends realize that when they dismiss our dreams they risk discouraging us.</span><br> <br><span style="font-size: small;"> You will not be discouraged here! You will find encouragement and a veritable cornucopia of information at your disposal.</span><br> <br><span style="font-size: small;"> I am interested to learn of your plans for boon-docking NYC! My mind is spinning with what might be possible... or not. Please continue sharing your thoughts on it...</span><br> <br><span style="font-size: small;"> Peace, Love and Group Hugs,</span><br><span style="font-size: small;"> Bodhi</span></span></p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Latest posts