New old kid on the block

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billgould

Reaction score
I am a 66 yr old Viet Nam vet and have decided to hit the road to see this wonderful country of ours. I have already purchased a 1993 Ford 150 van and plan on converting it this winter for a Spring departure on a one-way ticket. I have been searching and researching my butt off until I "stumbled upon" this&nbsp; site. <br><br>Before that, I felt I was striking out on my own as I no longer have any anchors to anyone, anything or any place. How wrong I was! Suddenly, I discovered not only an entire subculture of which I had been previously unaware but a family of truly caring and kind people and I want to thank you all for sharing so freely the knowledge and experience you have attained through your travels. <br><br>If anyone has converted a Ford 150 van into an RV, I would really appreciate hearing from you. I am going to need a lot of ideas and suggestions. I have a lot of questions yet to be answered. It is going to take me a while to transform into this wonderful way of life but I am determined to take it step by step and, as I learn, I promise to share it just as freely, i.e., the conversion process.&nbsp; I intend to prove that you <i>can </i>teach an old dog new tricks! (As long as he is willing to learn, and I am.) <br>I want to get to know people in the group and, eventually, actively contribute to what I think is one of the best kept secrets in America. <br><br>I am a retired organizational consultant with a PhD in philosophy which, with five bucks, might but a small cafe latte at Starbucks. I am a published author of several books and more magazine and newspaper articles than I can recall. I am slso a professional photographer who has had articles and underwater photos published in dive magazines and even an article in National Geographic. I have lived and worked all over the world, my latest stint being ten years living in and operating a company out of Hua Hin, Thailand. I also spent eight years in Saudi Arabia. I have lived and worked in Europe and all over the Middle East and Asia. All that is past history, as far as I am concerned. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans. What matters is the quality of the journey. My life and every decision I ever made got me here and now and I am grateful for them all. I am glad to be here and thank you all, each and every one, for your kind welcome and assistance. I also welcome the opportunity to assist you in any way I can.<br><br>may we always travel in light and love, <br><br>Bill Gould<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome, Bill</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif">My sincere thanks to you and all who have served to keep us and our American way of life safe.</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Arial">There is a lot of good information here and on the sister site. Be sure to check out all the articles you can reach&nbsp;from cheaprvliving,com and cheapgreenrvliving.com. Ask any question and get answers.</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Arial">Bob (aka stude53)</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</p>

Hi and Welcome Bill!<div><br></div>

Glad you found us, Bill! Thank you for your service and sacrifice! <br><br>Hope to see you out there and will enjoy following your conversion progress and journey.<br>

Anything we can do to help, just holler. Welcome

I cannot thank you all enough for your support and suggestions! I am still rather new at this blog stuff but I intend to hang around long enough to learn. In the interim, please forgive me for the mistakes I am bound to make and steer me in the right direction. <br><br>Example: I am almost ready to begin sharing photos of my conversion process. Do I do that here, open a new thread or what? I don't want to break the rules nor hijack a discussion. Please guide me on this. There is a lot I want to share and much I need to learn. Again, Thanks to each and every one of you. <br><br>

<p style="margin: 0px;">Bill, there is a fourm topic called "<b>Share your conversion progress!"</b></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><b></b>&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">That's where you should start a new thread about yours.</p>