Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneaks

Reaction score
Just saying hi. I've lurked here for a long time and finally decided to join. I work as remotely for a software company out of NC while living in northwestern Maine, I'm also a volunteer EMT with the local rescue service and a licensed ham. The better half and I have a pretty stable living situation, looking more towards weekending, maybe an extended excursion (my job lets me go where ever I can get internet, and if not, has a very nice unlimited PTO program) at some point. I'm frugal and like to do analog stuff on weekends & nights as I spent about 70 hours a week in the digital world. It is my zen :). I've been around and working on ACVWs as long as I can remember so the vehicle of choice for us is our '70 VW Bus. I just posted a build thread in the Conversions and Modifications forum, it started out as a standard 7 pass bus, not a Westy, and we are doing it up for flexibility as well as ability to get 'out and away from people' with some offroad modifications (lift, tires, lighting). Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the forum.I am a part time traveler. I did live a good part of my life on boats in the San Francisco Bay. I had a Westfalia. I don't remember the year, but it was the last of the air cooled engines. I hated that thing. It kept dropping out valve seats. After 3 sets of high dollar heads I got rid of it.
Lots of Hams around the forum. K7EED here. 73 to ya.

DannyB1954 said:
I don't remember the year, but it was the last of the air cooled engines. I hated that thing. It kept dropping out valve seats. After 3 sets of high dollar heads I got rid of it.
Lots of Hams around the forum. K7EED here. 73 to ya.

Yeh, valve seats are the bane of the T4 motor, especially #3. This one has 58k on it, best case is I'll get another 30k out of it before it swallows a valve. I have a spare to put in, I won't pay $1000 per head, nope. That being said, I also have a rebuilt 2.3L Ford that might find a place in the back when that happens. 73 back :)

Welcome sneaks to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger