Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geomer

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this forum and watch and read many post from Bob and others on this site. I am looking at doing the vandwelling as a part time basis this would fit mine and ,especially, the wife's comfort zone. We recently purchased a runaway camper, the 8 ft. by 6ft. wide model pulled by our Subaru Forester from Florida to Dallas and would love to explore our great country, especially out West. We already met some very interesting people who talked about boondock camping in national forests and BLM land while picking the camper on the way home from Florida. I was intrigued by the prospect of that kind of camping. While researching to buy my camper I came across Bob's websites. It's funny, I have felt the same way about the rat race that I was trap in and escape from 8 plus years ago. You'll seem to be good down the earth people that I can learn from and maybe me and the wife in some small way help contribute to the group.

George

Welcome to the CRVL forums George! It sounds like you would enjoy the RTR. Stop by next January!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome George,

How does your Subie handle the camper? I've got an Outback and have resisted towing because of the CVT...

Deal Breaker said:
Welcome George,

How does your Subie handle the camper? I've got an Outback and have resisted towing because of the CVT...

I drove it with my Forester from Ocala, Florida to Dallas Texas about 1100 miles with no effort, like it wasn't there. I also, took it to eastern Oklahoma where there is some small hills, again no issues. I have not tested it in the mountains out West yet. My 2014 Forester manual states that it can tow up to 1500 pounds. The camper I got the Range Runner from Runaway is the bigger model 8 ft by 6ft 960 pounds dry weight. I will be taking it to Big Bend National park and the parks in Utah very soon.