New Member Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael11

Reaction score
Hello, Folks.

I go by "Michael11". I've been researching van living for about a year, making plans for the shift from employment to retirement some time "soon" (within the next 2 years). My eventual goal is a Transit but currently I'm SUV camping in a Toyota Highlander. I've already learned a lot here as a lurker (thank you!), now I hope to be able to contribute in some small way.

I've been a backcountry camper/hunter/fisher my entire life. Currently volunteer with a search & rescue agency. I have already learned primitive setting coping mechanisms for the 3 issues that seem to plague most people starting out with this kind of life - showering, pooping, and being alone. So I guess I'll see where this adventure leads me.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Michael!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you, rvwandering, for the tips. I do my best on any Internet communication to be concise, clear, and polite. I find that goes a long way to preventing misunderstandings and "flame wars".

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. I hope I can be a useful member of the forum.