New member from Pacific Northwest

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acecruzer

Reaction score
Hi all, my wife and I are in our late 60's, and have been living off grid since 1974.  We intend  to drive south this year leaving in the late Fall.  We have a  truck with a camper, and want to take advantage of dental care in Mexico.  As you can imagine I have many years experience working with alternative energy, what it was called in my day.....hydro, wind, solar, inverters, batteries, generators..and alternators...  For the past 5 years I have been experimenting with permanent magnet motor generators.  I will be bringing one with me that can produce more energy than it takes to operate.  It still needs refining and am hoping to work with others to show what I have learned...Would like to meet up with your group of travelers and share some knowledge and some good times..Were old Hippies and have led a very simple life. 

John & Care

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Acecruzer! Your magnetic motor generator sounds very interesting! There's an annual gathering of Rubber Tramps in Quartzsite, in January, that would love to see your model.
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/gatherings/

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

From one hippie to another welcoming another truck camper aboard and very interested in your experiments, what's the rig your using?

Welcome John & Care!

Sounds like you folks autta fit in quite well around here!

Alternative energys are a big subject in these parts, and I'm sure you've accumulated ALOT of knowledge in all those years of use. (Be prepared for tons of questions about your systems!)

Oh, and PICTURES!! We like pictures.
Not only of your rig, but of your power station as well!

Hello from down on the Oregon Coastline! :D

Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

Someone may want to bring a "Last Whole Earth Catalog" for the others to see and look thru.

wagoneer said:
From one hippie to another welcoming another truck camper aboard and very interested in your experiments, what's the rig your using?
We have a 2004 F250 Power Stroke....with camper....Thanks for the wecome, Wagoneer....

Welcome aboard Acecruzer!
Whatever you can bring to the knowledge base here is always appreciated.
Ask about anything you need to know too !