new kid in town

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr33dom

Reaction score
Good day to all.

I'm a soon to be van dweller by choice and in the process of planning my move.  God's willing, seven years from now I will leave corporate prison and live on the road, tour around my beautiful country.  I am a junior citizen by then and to earn a living, I will write a book about Taxation, take some on line teaching on the same subject and probably do web design and development.

RV choice?  My heart goes to Ford E150 passenger model (cargo is not available locally) and Toyota Hi ACE van is my second choice if and when stealth becomes a problem.  E150 is status symbol in a developing country like ours so it will catch eyes not for dwelling issue but security.  The Japanese van is normally seen simply because we use this as a public transportation.

Two hours drive in the morning and another 2 in the evening going to/from my office leads me to a van life and if I can do it successfully part time while waiting for my freedom then there is no reason why do it full time.

I will post my specific question in the proper thread and I think this short intro is enough for now.

Btw, please do help me by posting sites where I can study English as my second language for free if there is any.  I need a good command of your language when writing a book.

Lastly, my warm regards to all and congratulation to all of you... cost of E150 is heavenly high here than your craig listings. :(

For the love of van dwelling,

Ed

Welcome to CRVL Ed.
Hope you get to enjoy a van living lifestyle soon.

Participating in this forum should help your english skills.

Wow , US currency value is 45x higher than in Manila ,,,,,,you're going to make a bunch of us that are retired want to move there !!

Hahaha. You are all welcome. Actually we have a lot of foreigner retirees here. Some bought islet and sea shore properties. Although prohibited to acquire real property but getting married to locals made them legally do so by naming the asset after their wife.

We have beatiful beaches and mountains and that is good for travelers. I hope to see these nature when my time arrives.

My first night was sweet and fainful. 36 by 75 inches bed in Mitsubishi van. It is my bedroom; dinet, sink and cooking and all others are outside of the van except for chargeable fan.

uploadfromtaptalk1453182970158.jpeg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1453182970158.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1453182970158.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 17
uploadfromtaptalk1453183673149.png

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1453183673149.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1453183673149.png
    848.7 KB · Views: 13
Welcome from Michigan Ed. A two hour each way commute to work would be brutal. Van living sounds like a great choice.

Good day fellas,

I have a new home, how can I remove seat from Ford Econoline/Club Wagon?

30265ad320528c476930ee1710f45600.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Is my home E150 or E350?

wow, a year and a half old thread and no official welcome, here you go an official welcome,

Welcome Ed to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Nice BIG van fr33dom !
I don't know how to remove the seats from that van but guess there are some bolts through the floor somewhere.

We'll all be here if you have any other questions on your build.

How's the English lessons going?
(A lot of us natives haven't figured it all out either , so do your best and we'll work with you........

Skuh kuh kuh kuh
HDR , a few of us did welcome him back in 10/15 which I try to do for all newcomers
There are so many joining CRVL , and so many posts that if you don't look every few hours some slip through !!

The seats in my Club Wagon had a bar they were attached to... first had to unclamp the bottom of the seat from this "bar" and then just a matter of removing the bolts that were holding the bar to the floor. These were probably the only fasteners that weren't so rusted I couldn't get them out!!

I had a '97 E150 15 passenger van at one time and the seats had "large" star head bolts that were a pain to remove. Took most of a week to get the seats out!!!

Once again, thank you all for the warm welcome.

For more than a year, I slept with my first van without amenities other than ac/dc fan which I charged in my office.

Now I have my new (2nd hand) american van. I will do all things one by one.

Van issue: camber alignment, speedometer is not working including outside door handle at the back and at side door.

Removing seats is the immediate. Last night I bought a hook that will hold curtains. Van is tinted but I need total black out from the outside while sleeping. Van dwelling is not a normal thing in my country.

Solar is my next after removing the seats and putting my bed.

As much as possible I want it simple and manual because not all your resources are available here. Amazon does not deliver items in the Philippines. We use 220 volt AC so there is a need to study well how the solar works for me.

I will try to post everything I accomplished. This group helped me a lot and I thank God and all of you.