New here ....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf

Reaction score
I go by Wolf and I live out of a 2004 Toyota Corolla. I took the front passenger seat out and the rear passenger back rest and made a bed frame. Works great but I need a thicker foam pad to sleep on. Anyone know where I might find one ? Pretty much based in Florida.<div><br></div><div>Thanks !</div><div><br></div><div>Wolf</div>

welcome Wolf....I buy my foam from an Upholstery supply place in Albuquerque. That way you will get your best price and selection.....check in your nearest large city and find one...I have a 2" pad in my van that cost $20....the two bunk mattresses in my bus 3" thick were not much more than that, maybe $25 each....<br>Bri<br><br><br>

Brians right, an upholstery place will have what you want. There are various grades of foam. The cheap ones don't give much support and so need to be quite thick to be comfortable. Furniture grade foam is a lot more expensive, but it is much more comfortable. I had the cheap stuff in my camper and 3 inches wasn't enough so I used 6 inches. I spent the money on the good stuff for my current trailer and 3 inches is wonderful.<br><br>Other places to look for foam is in the yellow pages under "foam" or "fabric". Bob<br><br>

When I bought foam for our pop-up camper I needed to have two pieces to make a queen size bed and&nbsp; that stacked so I could&nbsp; close the bed up and drop the roof....<br><br>In order to do that I needed them to be 1 1/2 " thick. I went to the place I buy from and the guy was able to take a 3" sheet of dense foam, put it on a machine that actually split it into to 1 1/2" sheets that I could cut to the right dimensions with an electric carving knife...(an old motorbike rebuilders trick, buy an old electric carving knife at the second hand store and you can carve whatever you want out of foam rubber)....<br><br>As Bob said it cost a lot more....<br><br>Bri<br><br>

When I bought foam for our pop-up camper I needed to have two pieces to make a queen size bed and&nbsp; that stacked so I could&nbsp; close the bed up and drop the roof....<br><br>In order to do that I needed them to be 1 1/2 " thick. I went to the place I buy from and the guy was able to take a 3" sheet of dense foam, put it on a machine that actually split it into to 1 1/2" sheets that I could cut to the right dimensions with an electric carving knife...(an old motorbike rebuilders trick, buy an old electric carving knife at the second hand store and you can carve whatever you want out of foam rubber)....<br><br>As Bob said it cost a lot more....but the dense foam at 1 1/2" makes a very comfy bed for those like me that like a firm mattress.....<br><br>Bri<br><br>