New Guys Pennsylvania

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estedrawn

Reaction score
Hi there, 
 I am new here, nice to meet you all. I am planning on converting my dodge challenger to a mini camper for cross country road trips and living rent free. hope this can be a god place to document the journey thanks!
Estedrawn
  :cool:

Welcome to the CRVL forums, estedrawn! This is a great place to document your conversion. Glad you found us! Don't forgetthe before pictures!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Well the Challenger has a huge trunk, I've never seen anyone do a camper conversion in one yet though! Should be an interesting build for sure. Do you plan to have heat or anything in there for PA winters, or are you planning to follow the good weather around?

Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL estedrawn!
I don't think anyone here has done one of those but a bunch are living in a Prius so........yup you can do it .

welcome. love your avatar. one of these days I need to get one. highdesertranger

Greetings and welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

It's interesting to read your post concerning a car converted to travel RV type vehicle.

I've seen a few such projects like this SAAB.

car-camping-funny.jpg

Old VW Bug

littlebugger.jpg

But most of what I've seen for the average car is a roof mounted pod that
sets up as a sleeping deck.

siesta.jpg

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.  New ideas and re-purpose "spins" are always a hit with me
to see just how creative people's spirit can be.

I saw this recently and still get a laugh each time I look at it.   A wrecked Pickup with the bed & frame fixed as a trailer,  a deal found on a Pick up camper, all combined as a trailer

cb64bfbb0350f74cc6fb60f9d164862d.jpg

I simply love this idea.   Often pick up campers sit around unused and deals can be found on them.  The same is true of these utility trailers made of a junk yard Pickup Truck where the front end is wrecked.  For a small
cash outlay a livable camper can be built.  With it being modular any number of vehicles can be swapped out
so that if an engine or transmission blows the vehicle one lives in isn't just scrap. (after all the work of fitting it out).

All the best, and let us see some photos when you get your rig on the road. :idea: 

And although most of us drive the highways, some fly through the air in their rigs too

MVP Aero Tri-phibian Seaplane/Camper/fishing boat.   Yeah, I guess the spirit of the "flying car" is still alive.

http://img-2.gizmag.com/best-camper...q=60&w=616&s=f01c62da050d94cec8cc0efbc2e4db82

best-campers-2014-26.jpg