New Goal Zero purchaser

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which one(s)? and for what application(s)?

I was considering at the guide 10, primarily for AAA batteries, charging off the solar panel (12Vdc-usb) I already have (but need work)

I have one of Goal Zero's Extreme 350 systems with a 30 watt briefcase style solar panel. It does a good job of keeping my laptop, cell phone and camera charged when I'm on the road, but that's pretty much the limit of what this particular system can handle.

This system has been replaced by the Yeti 400 in Goal Zero's current product line.

I too have the Goal Zero 350. I use it mostly to run my CPAP machine. I've got the 30 watt briefcase solar panel as well. Also have the speaker for my MP3 (really good sound) and a pair of the LED lights for my campsite or to use inside the van. I got the charging cable that allows you to recharge the 350 thru the 12 volt power outlet. I use that method on a travel day. Parked I use the solar panel. I recharge with the solar panel everyday while parked just to keep it topped off. Love this system for it's portability. Goal Zero makes good stuff.

I've used the Goal 10 for a year and it works great. You can charge AA or AAA from solar or from the grid. You can have more than one set of batteries to get you through some dark days. When I hike I hook it to the backpack to charge. It has a USB port to power what you need.

Oberneldon said:
I've used the Goal 10 for a year and it works great. You can charge AA or AAA from solar or from the grid. You can have more than one set of batteries to get you through some dark days. When I hike I hook it to the backpack to charge. It has a USB port to power what you need.

How long does it take to recharge two or four AA batteries?

LeeRevell, I have never measured the time & although my batteries would no longer charge my iphone, the still run the LED light that comes in the battery holder. I would say that a full solar charge would take all daylight hours, but if you charge from AC/DC (USB feed) it would charge in half that time. I carry two sets of AA batteries and start off fully charged on both form the grid and then as one is charging I have a backup if needed, then rotate them.

Latest posts