New fulltimer.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWhitey

Reaction score
Finally left Southern Illinois and got to AZ.  Trouble with Dometic CF-18 fridge has me outside Phoenix waiting on parts for repair. Boondocking here as well as the next place but looking forward to my arrival in Quartzsite. Would like to be in area of like minded people. I am in converted van that I
reconverted, looking for contact with those willing to share ideas, suggestions and experience.

Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

I've been on the road a lot in earlier times but I'm working now and in the sticks n bricks till I leave it to retire.

I can share my websites below with you.  The first one is how I've converted my Van's and the last page is my proposed Trailer to tow behind it when I do hit the road full time to travel and camp along the way.  

The second is a portal of handy information to make life on the road a while lot easier and the experience so much better.   Back when I was on the road in my Van there was no internet and Cells like we have today...well they looked like WW2 walky talkies.   With the 20+ years of the internet development there are loads of great things that now have information about them on the net.  So I've tried to put some of the best of it on a page
and handy to use.

All the best with getting your fridge fixed and enjoying Quarzite !

Welcome to the CRVL forums!  Hope your fridge repairs go well.  There are forum members at Quartzsite and Ehrenberg now so if you want to hang out with like minded people head on down there.  Here's a link to Bob's blog post about Ehrenberg. Scroll down for the map. http://www.cheaprvliving.com/boondo...g-in-ehrenberg-2015-living-in-a-van-off-grid/

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the tribe !
You will find a bunch of us in Ehrenberg , waiting for the RTR!
Plenty of ideas and help there.

If you are in AZ now, it sounds like you may have left Southern Illinois before the just-passing frigid weather. Although that is where I was born and raised, I really dislike the area and envy your travels west. Family needs are keeping me here but my heart will be in Q with the tribe in January.

Thanks for all the posts that offer so much. This site has been invaluable to me for and during my conversion. Looking forward to meeting you face to face. Still have about a week to week and a half before I am ready to move on. In the mean time I am still doing some work and rearranging that keeps me active. I am going to move my future posts to the van forum where I think they are more appropriate. Thanks again!