netflix documentary "Expedition Happiness"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every Road Leads Home said:
I just finished watching it. I thought it was pretty good. Just have to take it for what it is.......it's not about people moving into a bus to live the rest of their lives that way, it's about a couple wanting to do some traveling while they figure out what makes them happy in life.

Not sure why anyone would be bothered by them having money or not? Seems a silly reason to not like the film. I'm glad they were able to take the dog to the vet when he needed it, they clearly care very much for their pet and every dog should be so lucky.

As I said, I suppose I’m just jealous. We live month to month and sometimes, most times, there is more month than money. We love being on the road, but when any emergency is a disaster, it gets tough. I shouldn’t have said anything. It’s my problem, not anyone else’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i haven't finished the show but it's good so far. i like the way they deliberately are
not planning so much, and are kind of taking whatever comes and dealing with it.
(i know it definitely helps to have funds but most Germans are fairly well off and have
one of the higher standards of living on the planet). i came away thinking of their bus!
i'm sure they have drawbacks, but jeez it had a LOT of room ;)
jim

i haven't found a free version yet but it is also on Amazon Prime, which is well
worth the price if you buy many items on Amazon as it offers free shipping. here
is a link of a preview of the show if you haven't seen it yet;

For anyone interested: the Happiness Bus can now be rented in Malibu, CA for a mere $250/night. Here's the link: 
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/27523356?source_impression_id=p3_1566259200_geZLB2kosB1/Ub7q

I followed Mogli and Felix both during and after their trip (they have since broken up) and knew that at the end of their North/Central America Adventures, they had a lottery drawing for the bus because they were heading back to Germany ($1000 /ticket).

It then changed owners a couple of times and last I had heard YTer FunForLouis had purchased it, used it for a bit, then purchased land in Malibu to parked it and rent out. Not sure if he's still the owner however.

That bus is a beautiful build out.. good business move to rent it out as an air bnb. That's certainly a unique stay.

Sup dude! Glad there are still people who keep this thread updated. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy "Expedition Happiness" - that's a bummer. But don't worry, there are tons of sick documentaries out there that are way better. If you're into adventure and exploration, you should check out "Free Solo" - it's a wild ride. And if you're into true crime, "Making a Murderer" is a must-watch.