Need to change, fast

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tom,
Speaking French gives you a heads up, as it proves a certain level of intelligence.....I need a secret decoder ring to figure out pronunciations for traffic signs in Montreal.......:)

As for vehicles, I would tend to list your needs first.
Sleeping in a dry area?
Some warmth, may be not with a good sleeping bag or locations
place to cook out of the weather?  A hot meal on a dreary day does wonders for the soul.

I would find it hard to justify a mini van but in stead a panel or box van might be the way to go.  Painters, carpenters, plumbers all use them and you might find a nice Ford or GM within your budget.  Bungie cords and duct tape could build your traveling man cave without the necessity of power tools and the such.

A friend of ours lives in a 2 bedroom condo in Florida, hopefully he will next week as well, but being a minimalist all of his things fit in 13 cubic feet including his sleeping pad.  If you wanted a flat surface on the floor of the van, Home Deport will cut a piece of plywood for free

Welcome aboard Tom !
You have found a great group to help you live your dream.
I have no experience with the foreign visa details but there's this thing called Google !

I think a small (or not so small) van would be good for you but don't rule out a pickup truck with a cap on the back. Some here live in small cars too .
I started out in a backpack and know you don't need much room to live the simple life of a nomad !

Ask us anything you want to know and probably , you will get more answers than you can figure out what to do with......pick the ones that seem the best fit and ask some more.