NAS in 12v

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtevmckay

Reaction score
I want to have a Network Attached Storage (NAS) into my van.
Is anyone aware of a NAS that can be operated on 9v-19v?

If anyone is already doing this, I would greatly appreciate information regarding your solution.

Thanks all

The first NAS that loaded on Amazon when I checked used an AC->12vdc adapter for power, per the question section. I didn't check further since I'm not in the market for one.

My little Gl.Inet router (5vdc) will do NAS off microsd but i don't use that feature.

Love Gl.inet products. Currently using the Slate 150. I am currently awaiting the release of the Slate AX.
I am currently using the The USB port for tethering a hotspot. Also; the Gl.inet router will not allow the install of Plex, Subsonic, or full on home cloud functionality.

My current set up is using a Radpberry Pi as a media server with 4 SSD Drives in a Sabrent quad-jump drive canister.

It is my hope to find a small NAS that Will do everything that I am currently using several devices for.

My setup is solid, operating on both 5v and 12v solutions, just hoping for less equipment at a somewhat lower price point that will actually be a NAS.
Otherwise I am looking to replace the Pi with a MeLE solution.

Thanks for your response and link, really appreciate your time.

My search for simplification continues ;)