Mystery Water Leak in the Van...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeeRevell said:
Oh man! That is one messy job on the roof sealer! :(

The Dicor lap sealant is self leveling, that's why I just put a bead about halfway to the bottom, then gravity will take over. It should flow all the way to the bottom. My concern is the temperature. When I did the roof vent the temp was in the 80s, today a high of 60. That means the sealant may not flow as much. I'll have to wait a couple days, then I shall report back pronto. : )

Self leveling sealant will sustain a complete seal on flat surfaces? Or does it bond to all surfaces it applied to, and thin out to a point (molecular adhesion and surface tension point ) and still stick, regardless of gravity and temperature ?

offroad said:
Self leveling sealant will sustain a complete seal on flat surfaces? Or does it bond to all surfaces it applied to, and thin out to a point (molecular adhesion and surface tension point ) and still stick, regardless of gravity and temperature ?

Dicor self leveling sealant is meant to seal roof openings. I think it should work in this situation.

So put DICOR on your van or bus and be happy.

Problem solved;
264152f019b13c9d4b664f7e76ad84ec.jpg

Not yet. Only because I reapplied the product this past weekend covering the entire edge and just want to make sure it has a change to dry/cure/harden. Next weekend though.

Luisafernandes said:
Not yet. Only because I reapplied the product this past weekend covering the entire edge and just want to make sure it has a change to dry/cure/harden. Next weekend though.

Hello,

Just wondering if that dicor fixed your windshield leak.
I am experiencing the same issue, but even after I dicored the rain gutters.

Thanks.

Ian