My New wheels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimo76

Reaction score
I figured out how to take a pic with my phone and send it to me.. So here is my new VAN....&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Can't wait to get her home and start the redo....</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>gimo76</div>

Hahaha...electric blue flames are MUCH more stealth ...!
Nice big van , enjoy it.

Very pretty van, I hope you realize it will have to stay on the hard ball... If you plan boondocking you can kiss those running boards goodbye... I am not hacking on you, just a heads up if you plan to use any of the off road places to enjoy (NF, NP, SP, DNR, BLM)<br><br>Enjoy your adventure and great buy...<br><br>

Is there any kind of lift kits to get it a bit higher because I do want to boondock in between work kamping and I sure don't want to lose or destroy my pretty running boards.<div><br></div><div>What about doing a 4x4 conversion on it or is it too long. &nbsp;And about how much does that cost? &nbsp;It will be on the list along with the raised roof.</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div><br></div>

well your best bet and cheapest route is to remove the running boards and maxing out the tire size... the 2nd is a tire and lift combo but getting level would be the problem as your rear axle would need a leaf spring lift while the front would need an IFS lift...3rd is a total body lift with tires ( I hate body lifts, just a cheap lift), 4th is the conversion with lift and tires, way expensive, but if money is no problem is the best cure for your wows, and would look excellent and add to the value of your van...<br><br>If it were me and I was to boondock, I would start with pulling off the running boards and max my tire size to lift you off the ground... I have seen too many running boards ripped off on simple ruts... remember you can always re-install the running boards when you feel comfortable with the clearance issues... But it is too late when it happens...<br><br>Me I have a lifted 4x4 van (4 inches) with 32"x 12.5"x 15" tires and have no clearance problems...<br><br>

That is a good idea... During the times I know I will be boondocking I could take them off and leave them on when work camping unless we were out in the boonies for the forest service type jobs.<div><br></div><div>I REALLY want my running boards they look so cool.</div><div><br></div><div>My pocket book is not going to be able to handle all the things I want to do. &nbsp;The reason for the large Van is where I live we are not allowed to have RV's or campers. &nbsp;Mobile home park for seniors... &nbsp;So I got the Van and will fix it up like a camper like my last one. &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Raising roof about $2500</div><div>4 x 4 conversion gonna guess another $3000</div><div>Portable solar panels = $1500 not sure how much for inverters converters and of course I want the top of the line batteries = $600</div><div><br></div><div>This is more than what I bought it for lolololol......&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp;I can handle getting it all fixed up as I go. &nbsp;Gonna make the platform beds... build some cupboards...&nbsp;thinking about metal peg board along the back side wall to put up baskets. &nbsp;Found some purple it looks so cool and not that expensive. &nbsp;Just not sure if it will work on a curved wall and how curved is that wall gonna be.... all these ideas and no VAN at home yet... March 12th seems so far away.... Oh and will put in a laminate floor but will ask about that after I get going on this project.</div><div><br></div><div>Nothing is worse than a woman who loves tools.. &nbsp;and is creative. &nbsp;AND I hope to early retire on SS in less than two years so some stuff might not ever become real. &nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Because I am not going to wait until I am too old to enjoy what I loved doing... because once you get bit by the fulltiming bug it will have you for life.</div><div><br></div><div>later</div><div>gimo76</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Looks nice. I think you'll appreciate the extra length as well.

<p>
Oh and will put in a laminate floor
</p><p>I just had to make a decision on flooring and after considering carpet, rubber, and laminate, I chose TrafficMaster Allure Ultra. A great vinyl planking system; very sturdy and easy to install. It's been in there only for a week, but so far I am very comfortable with my choice.</p><p><br></p><p>Van.</p>

The allure flooring looks like a great idea. &nbsp;The pic of today is my first day of starting my redo. &nbsp;I have given away all the seats except the large back bench it was comfy couch so might use it later.. if not I can give it away.<div><br></div><div>&nbsp;I want to put in some sort of laminate flooring as it is easier to sweep out and keep clean. &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>I plan to put down 1/2 inch plywood floor. &nbsp;</div><div>Do I have to fill in ribs with anything first or can I put down the plywood?</div><div><br></div><div>Do I want to put anything under plywood floor?</div><div><br></div><div>What do I want to put on top and under laminate if anything?</div><div><br></div><div>The carpet I am pulling out had 5 kids and too many spills so it is being removed and I don't want to even keep it as a pad.</div><div><br></div><div>any ideas.... this is my final Van and I plan to do it right even if I have to wait for more money to do that...</div><div><br></div><div>thanks</div><div>gimo</div>

Ok I took off the box around the rear air and it was filthy.<div><br></div><div>Is this unit for both front and back air conditioning?</div><div><br></div><div>Do I want to keep it if it is only for back air conditioning?</div><div><br></div><div>It is taking up some valuable real estate inside the Van as I am assuming I can not block the vent in front of this unit...</div><div><br></div><div>gimo</div>

<i>gimo76,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Nice look'n ride. One little tip, if your seat bolt holes go through the floor to daylight, ya might wanna fill 'em with caulk before put'n any type of flooring down. It will keep out moisture and any little critters from invading from below.<br>&nbsp; Good luck with your build.<br><br></i>

Wow thats AN extended van. Love it!

<div>Thanks retired nomad</div><div><br></div>I do see daylight thru a few screw holes so will take your advice and caulk them. &nbsp;I need to get some sort of star tool bit to remove the remaining back seat belts. &nbsp;<div><br></div><div>What am I supposed to screw the the plywood to the floor with sheet metal or wood screws? &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Is there anything under the floor I have to watch out for and avoid poking a hole in????</div><div><br></div><div>I have a few spots of rust on the interior floor I plan to sand and prime then paint. &nbsp;Most of the spots are around the holes in the floor where the benches attached.</div>

She said:
Wow thats AN extended van. Love it!
<div><br></div><div>I have been looking for two years to find an extended Van in decent shape. &nbsp;She is a beauty and the plan is first get the flooring done.</div><div><br></div><div>Then my son is going to help his old mom make the cots. &nbsp;The plans I have are for two cots to be at the back on either side. &nbsp;they will be like a chaise lounge so if you get stuck inside cuz of weather you can put the back up and read etc. &nbsp;Then there will be a small table between to play cards etc. &nbsp;28 x 76 each. &nbsp;That leaves almost 12" walkway down the middle.</div><div><br></div><div>It makes me crazy though as right now I have plenty of time because work is slow but I have no money to do anything.... Then I get money when work gets busy but no time to do anything.... yikes.</div><div><br></div><div>So am starting on the tear down and getting the floor sanded primed and painted where the little rust spots are starting. &nbsp;I am SO EXCITED.....</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Me too,I love when people get there new homes and love to share it. Take your time ...it will get done.

Thanks Van,<div><br></div><div>It doesn't look so overwhelming in pics step by step. &nbsp;I was pretty much thinking the same thing about touching up the spot rust and filling small holes etc.</div><div><br></div><div>I have rustoleum paint I will use once I sand if down. &nbsp;Lucky the rust is small and just starting. &nbsp;I am glad I pulled up the carpet as I was thinking of using it for padding. &nbsp;It wasn't too bad under it but the carpet is ten years old and want to start new.</div><div><br></div><div>thanks</div><div>gimo</div>