My New wheels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<p>Hey Gimo...I could be wrong and I hope someone speaks up if I am, but if you haven't put down your plywood on the floor yet, you may want to lay some 1 x 2 slats of lumber and then put hardboard insulation on the floor, cover with a barrier then put the the plywood.&nbsp; What I did in my cabin, I laid felt paper (what they use on roofs before laying shingles) then the flooring.&nbsp; This is what I had in mind when doing the floor.&nbsp; I hope someone can let you know if its the right way...its just an idea.&nbsp; </p>

<i>&nbsp; gimo76,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This will help with the rust problem ...<a target="_blank" href="http://www.stoprust.net/">http://www.stoprust.net/</a></i><i>&nbsp; , and sheet metal screws are the way to go, just check underneath to be sure you're clear of everything , </i><i>if ya screw into the raised ribs on the floor you should be ok.</i><i> Measure the floor d</i><i></i><i>epth through one of the seat bolt holes, add in flooring stuff and you'll have an idea how long screws should be. <br><br></i>

I have used "fanfold" insulation that is intended for under vinyl siding as a vapor retarder and thermal break under laminate flooring in my van.<br>It is about 3/8" thick and comes bundled/folded in a 4' wide panel...don't remember the length. I just laid the stuff on the floor, taped the seams,&nbsp; installed the laminate flooring crossways so that it spanned the ribs (easier to install that way too) and attached base mouldings to the walls/cabinets to keep it in place in case of a rollover....<br>Saved weight of plywood and precious headroom.....<br><br>

I finished the floor I will try and put up the 4 pics of how I did it.<div><br></div><div>#1 used the insulation off the back of the rug to fill in ribs. &nbsp;Did not know if it was really needed but wanted the floor to not dip.</div><div><br></div><div>#2 I put down reflectix on entire floor.</div><div><br></div><div>#3 I used the pink panther 3/4" wall siding instead of plywood. &nbsp;It seems to work just fine and makes it a really soft feel to floor. &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>#4 I put in the Allure laminate flooring I used the stick together kind. &nbsp;It took 2 1/2 boxes of tiles.</div><div><br></div><div>I used flex tape to tape all seams and it came out great. &nbsp;It took me about 6 hours to get it done today and about 3 hrs the other day cutting the insulation off the rug and putting in the ribs. &nbsp;That took the longest of this whole project.</div><div><br></div><div>Hope the pics come thru.</div><div><br></div><div>gimo</div>