My Mini Van Pull-Out Room in Which I Can Stand

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to sell micro houses for city dwelling.

Here I am standing on the extension.

[video=youtube]

That's what I was fearing, this will draw way too much attention for city dwelling (unless you find some sort of deserted industrial area).
Otherwise, your target market should be boondockers.

I could see it maybe for vans with barn doors. Add 4 telescoping poles with a fitted screen to make a walk out screened in porch. The minivan hatch back door doesn't seem to be very practical.

Its still nice when sitting inside... but most importantly one can still stand to cook or use the space as a bathroom.

CalciferTheAstro said:
That's what I was fearing, this will draw way too much attention for city dwelling (unless you find some sort of deserted industrial area).
Otherwise, your target market should be boondockers.

It could be deployed during the day at a city park... and the tent doesnt have to opened everytime its extended... just needs another cover design.

I plan to wrap leather over the hatch to cover the sides... but also try to reduce the leather use by using rope inbetween.

My upcoming wood stove
luJN2jU.jpg

[img=693x389]
[img=700x392]
[img=699x395]
[img=699x464]

Bamboo and light planks for a new floor design.
[img=704x518]

That's quite the invention, like a tip-out for a van. I wonder if you could sell the idea to a van manufacturer, or maybe get whatever education is needed so you could work for them in product development.

I would love to join a company to make this product greater and also Im open to others copying the design for free to use or sell to others too. My long-term goal is to build a large carving machine (CNC) and make "kits" with it to transform old cars and vans into new designs.

The Toyota Previa I own could possibly look like this.
[img=848x601]

And this is a 90's Nissan 300zx model car which I'd like to do first.
[img=851x733]

I have no income but maybe one day in the far future.

Today I tied down some lighter planks sourced from an Ikea bed. I plan to use the leftover Bamboo blinds as floor cover and maybe even put Burlap over it... or buy a light wool rug for insulation.

Attachments

• screen_2018-11-15 20.53.24.jpg
    screen_2018-11-15 20.53.24.jpg
    115.4 KB
Nifty, I had a 1978 van the previous owner had made into a slide out like yours, but it was made for camping. But not standing up in. I only wish I'd taken pics of it....It Was an impressive piece of work.

Some more updates

Wheels for my slideout

Extension Cover

Testing out my wood stove

Bathroom and Sink Install

I purchased a van awning from Amazon, approximately 10’ x 10’. I haven’t used it yet but it gives u extra space and height. I am going to make mosquito netting for the sides. It does use poles.

I use my RV awning all the time without mozzy netting and haven't had a problem. Of course, if the mozzies are around, I leave. I do have the netting on my front windows but mostly to keep the gnats and moths out. They are bothersome even if they don't bite.

One of the problems is winter cold... I wish leather was cheap so I could wrap around a proper cover. I would like to keep natural materials in my van... will have to scavenge material from old couches on Craigslist when needed.
C3XNsrO.jpg