My First Day as a Nomad in Hot Weather

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdoverl

Reaction score
I arrived back at Lake Havasu last night.

I woke this morning at 7:30, did my morning routine, made sure to drink a whole bottle of water, and was leaving Craggy Wash by 8:30, it was 82 degrees. Spent about five hours getting mail, fixing insurance and buying a few things from Walmart. I made sure to drink a couple more bottles of water during this time. During that time period it went from 82 to 97 degrees.

When I got back to craggy wash I setup a canopy as I wanted to organize some containers and downsize. I made sure to stay in the shade as much as possible for the past five hours and drank another bottle of water.

Right now, it’s 97 degrees, the sun has just gone over the small hill behind my car in the picture, and I have to say, I’ve felt completely fine in 97 degree weather today. I just made sure to drink plenty of water and stay in the shade as much as possible today.
89be5d88b8ba142ddb7b4da010e82bd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long do you expect to stay in that area?

I have no idea to be honest. I was going to start a job in lake Havasu, but a family emergency came up and I gave up the job and went back to Iowa for a couple weeks. Just got back last night.

I’m playing it by ear honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A spray bottle of water helps. Here in the Klamath River Valley, if it gets too hot we go swimming in one of the many swimming holes (in creeks, not in the river.)