My favorite place to stay. Cheap and not alot of people. Close to the interstate

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tacojames said:
Izaak Walton League Lodge
22870 IL-82, Geneseo, IL 61254
(309) 944-3022

https://goo.gl/maps/xMszkjh8dsj

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
If you're up in this area, have you been to Keithsburg?  Right outside of town there is a little campground I go to called Shady Pines.  It's free for seniors during the weekdays.  Also, near New Boston is Blanchard Island, which is nice (it's closed right now because of flooding, though). The camp host told me it rarely has many campers.

About half way between Geneseo and Moline there is a lock and dam site on the Hennepin Canal that allows camping. Normally, it's $8 per night, but free during the week for Illinois seniors. There are several sites along the canal with similar camping. Also, the website for the canal says the parking lots at canal sites are open 24/7. I don't know if that means you could park an RV or van there overnight without being considered camping. There are several of these sites along the canal that have parking areas, but, technically, no camping.

Thank you! Appreciate all the help I have gotten so far.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk