Mulligan Stew

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJean

Reaction score
Well Mulligan is doing great!

[img=75x100]http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/image.php?u=32994&dateline=1487474817[/img]

post_face_grin.png
Shore power!

FINALLY Mulligan has shore power! The guy was great, good worker, and I was the last on the list before he took vacation!!!! So far everything still works hahaha

The inlet cover I chose (black round) matches the key holes and black moulding and bumpers and makes it look like a fuel door imo. See pic.

He didn't have a metric nut for the CCP (doh me, I knew better I should have bought one, but I've really been inundated getting all this done!) so I ended up paying him for an extra half hour while he figured out how to remove the driver seat et al and connect the 12v. I had had him refer to the BEMM when I first hired him, and he said everything he's done is within warranty. He also put in (another) separator which he wrapped in rubber (I had a strip) so the prodex won't touch the hot points on the separator in the wall).

Mulligan now has a FULLY AUTOMATIC transfer switch. Is that usual? I always thought van dwellers flipped a switch for this or that. It is also ready for solar when I'm ready. I only have to remember not to run the generator and be plugged into shore power at the same time. Easy.

I got 30amp service set up nice easy twist and lock connector cord (and a dogbone for 50amp and a converter plug for extension cord/house connection). Mulligan now has 5 more outlets: 1 receptable is a 20 amp dedicated for the a/c-heat pump. 2 receptacles (first on each circuit, DS or PS) are GFCI. 2 more receptacles are also dual usb.
tango_face_grin.png
I had the usb ones put catty corner in the cargo area, one at the slider so I can sit "on the patio" and be plugged in, and one on the back DS so I can access it while in bed.
tango_face_grin.png
Four circuit breakers so far.

All in all, I have 3 12v outlets, 6 115v outlets, 4 designated USB ports and of course can access the 12v cigar plugs for usb connections too. Next I'm going under the hood and slide those two 12v switches to be hot all the time.

He did good work and after a bit I think I'll see what he'll charge to install a 12v cigar plug in the upper console for a dash cam, and a few USBs in the dash next to the mp3 plugin (not sure why I didn't get the usb there already...)

With the 2.8k Onan going in I can run the ac/heat and anything else up to 600 watts. Not big but good. If I can camp in the 72 degree belt all year as I travel, I won't need the ac/heat much (Planning on it.)

I've had to grapple with the manager at the genset install place... confusion and I'm going to have to pay for it? grrrr They were overcharging me ($400) for the transfer switch in the first place (electrician showed me that) and the installer said he doesn't do anything electrical and to have it all done before the genset install. Well, the switch is electrical and so I had the electrician install one. The genset place is wanting $100 restock fee on the one they ordered for me. Guaranteed I am not paying THAT much for the miscommunication!

HOWEVER good news, the electrician came in $300 under estimate.
tango_face_grin.png

That, with the aux fuel port install being half of Ford's price, another $300 saved... I'm doing okay. eh?

Attached Thumbnails

DrJean said:
Well Mulligan is doing great!

FINALLY Mulligan has shore power! The guy was great, good worker, and I was the last on the list before he took vacation!!!! So far everything still works hahaha

<-------->
HOWEVER good news, the electrician came in $300 under estimate.
tango_face_grin.png

That, with the aux fuel port install being half of Ford's price, another $300 saved... I'm doing okay. eh?

You're doing GREAT! Good progress there. Since I like stew, I had to check in here. :)