Mr Buddy in 7x12 CT

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogear52

Reaction score
How efficient would the 4k-9k BTU Mr Buddy be in a 7x12 CT without insulation in Quartzite? I'll need a few days to get and install some polyiso on at least the ceiling when I get there but in the meantime will have to do without. I've got the small screw-on propane canisters and two full 20lb tanks so will be ok on gas for a little while. Also a 2000watt inverter gen and 1500watt oil filled space heater. Am I good for the cold nights? I might have to miss the RTR and get there around Feb 1 given loose ends here need tying so might be a bit warmer by then down there.

I spent last night in my van in Q, with a Mr Buddy. I kept it on pilot most of the night with a couple times of turning it up for a few minutes. This is the second time I have used the little can, and expect to get one more night of the same use out of it.

Dogear52, sure, no problem at all. You'll be able to stay plenty warm with it. The advantage of the polyiso is it will hold the heat in so you turn it on and it'll get hot so you turn it off and then later it'll cool off so you turn it on again. You'll save propane but either way you can stay warm.

And yes, by February it will be warming up, December and January are the coldest months. You still may need it but not as much.

Come on down!
Bob

DazarGqidin, don't blame me, in my every post about the RTR I warn people to come ready for cold!!! :p

Besides, it warms up steadily between now and Tuesday and it'll be pretty nice. Hang in there!!!
Bob

Thanks guys. I was worried about the freak arctic dip down there so hope it was a one time deal. It's on its way here in KC but I paid one more months rent. Looks like I'm good on the heating issue for my trip/cold desert nites which was a big concern. Can't wait to hit the road.