Money/job issue is my biggest obstacle to living the RV life

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bast said:
You might like the financial independence forum on reddit.com. They offer strategies to create passive income. There is also a related forum called leanfire. While this won't work for me passive income is possible. Not easy but possible.

Thanks for those suggestions! I probably have more websites than I need right now (for learning passive income). I need to pick something and start it and not get stuck in analyzing and researching too much.

GaiaGoddess said:
There are tons of ways to make money without money. And you don't have to do any of those things you listed, either. There are secrets, you just have to look harder to find them.

Now i'm really confused.  You already know how to make money but you create a thread asking how to make money?

Time to exit the door on this one.

GaiaGoddess said:
Look how much work you had to put in to get that money. You could create something that sells that much in 10 minutes.

Hey, congrats on finding a solution to your financial issues! Since you can create something that sells for $500-$800 in ten minutes it sounds like you should be good from here. :)

Also, I had to do a double-take on the whole boyfriend thing. In your first post you said you were single, yet the next day you're saying you have a boyfriend. What are you getting out of lying to us about your situation? For me personally it casts doubt on everything else.

Magicwolf said:
I've pulled off (now) to some degree what she in-part wants to do essentially with a very similar situation; and it's not how some of you've spun what she wants to be. I wonder if you'd ridicule or make fun of me, too?  I've worked hours that would make people puke. I've worked while puking (no joke). I worked until I nearly killed myself, lost my identity and my business and had to shut down for 18 months to recover, literally being able to do little but lay in bed, sometimes wishing to die. I've damaged my heart. I have nervous system damage, with 'tremors' noted on my DOT long-form physical. I've worked in jobs that required the drawing of weapons, backing 100,000lb vehicles up switchbacks with no guardrails, etc. I've paid my dues. I've put in the time which enables me to speak as I do. I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, though I got so sick I dropped down to 105 at one point. Do you all want to make fun of me, too? I wasn't tough enough, I didn't want to work hard enough? That was my problem?

Good point! How far is too far, when it comes to pushing yourself for a job? We're here to enjoy life, not struggle or suffer. And if work feels like struggling and suffering, that's a sign that it isn't for you. Not everything fits everybody.

She already works nearly full-time hours, sometimes with overtime. She doesn't get out of her job until 1 am. It makes it difficult to squeeze the extra time and energy to try and pursue yet more for work. She'd like to make more money and not have to kill herself to do it. This is not a crime, it's more of a crime to work people until you nearly kill them or their souls. She's been trying to sell her photography on the side (I went to look at some - she's pretty good), she had started a blog, she bought her home since 2013, etc., - she has done things. I don't understand this big perspective gap - are we seeing the same thing? Why are some of you only seeing the negative in her, but are accusing just her of only doing that?

I've had my photography on a few websites, actually, and haven't sold anything yet. But I have some new things to try, which i discovered by thinking outside the box. You can't rely on the same thing everyone else does all the time. And actually I started more than one blog, I've probably had about 8 or 9 of them by now, but I have since learned that you need more time to devote to them and you need to monetize them, something I've never been smart at no matter how hard I try, and you also need to stay interested in it...my problem is I lose interest in everything after so much time, even things I love. It begins to feel like work once it IS a job. But I have faith something will work out for me. It just won't be a typical common solution that I & everyone else has already thought of.

She's kind of hit a nail on the head with some things that don't work well in reality anymore - and that's spending a large chunk of waking hours to make only enough to squeak by (and be told it isn't good enough because you're not living like a caveman or nearly working yourself to death like I did) when you are being responsible and putting in the time. It shouldn't be that way. It's uncomfortable to hear I suppose because it's a very different idea than the beliefs we usually have drilled into us from the time we're born. She's questioning those beliefs.

Maybe i'm younger than most people in here, that probably matters too. But I have always been a rebel, thinking differently than others, questioning things we're taught as children. If you guys only knew all the other things I go against the grain on, lol I actually thought more people in here would understand that, as we are not into living "normally", but I guess there are varying levels of normal.

Brings to mind some Pink Floyd:

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

My favorite band!!! I love you, girl LOL

I actually do have some more suggestions for her, but I'm not going to post them here because I don't want her crucified if they don't work for her situation and she says so. I understand that they may not. I'm not personally offended if they don't. Well, maybe I'll put some of them here in case they help anyone.

I understand if you want to keep it in PM's,  ;)

Every Road Leads Home said:
Now i'm really confused.  You already know how to make money but you create a thread asking how to make money?

Time to exit the door on this one.

I created this thread before I found that, remember I AM getting good suggestions just not on the forum!

GaiaGoddess said:
Look how much work you had to put in to get that money. You could create something that sells that much in 10 minutes.
obviously i cant or i wouldnt be picking up cans out of a drunks yard :D took about 2 hours including returning them,good money in my book
you got to take what you can when you can and be thankful

Bitty said:
Hey, congrats on finding a solution to your financial issues! Since you can create something that sells for $500-$800 in ten minutes it sounds like you should be good from here. :)

Also, I had to do a double-take on the whole boyfriend thing. In your first post you said you were single, yet the next day you're saying you have a boyfriend. What are you getting out of lying to us about your situation? For me personally it casts doubt on everything else.

Single as in not married, so readers would know it's just my income, no help from anyone. My boyfriend isn't a fiance and doesn't support me financially, we've only been together 7 months.

Gary68 said:
obviously i cant or i wouldnt be picking up cans out of a drunks yard :D took about 2 hours including returning them,good money in my book
you got to take what you can when you can and be thankful

Why can't you? I'm gonna give it a try. I have narrowed it down to about 5 or 6 ideas, I just have to see which one would generate the most income the quickest then once money is coming in, I can work on the next one!  :D

GaiaGoddess said:
Why can't you? I'm gonna give it a try. I have narrowed it down to about 5 or 6 ideas, I just have to see which one would generate the most income the quickest then once money is coming in, I can work on the next one!  :D

i'm the village idiot,it says so under my name :cool:
all grunt work for me,well whats left of me

Okay, this thread is getting way out of hand. There have been many good suggestions on ways to make money however I'm closing the thread before it degenerates any farther. I'll discuss it with the other moderators and reopen it if they do not agree with my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.