Modifying a Table; Help Please

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eoewan

Reaction score
I have thought of an idea for the table in my C class and need help to figure out how to make it happen.

I would like to install Lego Base Plates on the underside of my table for my son. When the table is not being used for meals I would like to turn it so that the underside with the base plates becomes the top. (Like the old turning black boards on stands - if anyone remembers those.)

Any ideas how I would go about doing this since the underside of a normal C class table has the pedestal support system. I would really appreciate any help in figuring this out.
Cheers.

I'm not sure what a lego base plate is, but if its a plastic piece that is flat and you build lego stuff on it, maybe you could use small screws to attach it to a small piece of plywood or something like a small wooden cutting board, and then either screw or glue that to the bottom of the table.

Yes, a base plate is a flat board made for LEGO. What I need is to be able to turn the table over so he can play in the evenings. That would also keep his LEGO off the floor and permanently attached to the plate on the underside of the table when we require the other side.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this clearly and for that I apologize.

I found a picture to explain the mechanism but not sure how I could use this ability in a dining table of a C class.

[img=100x100]http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums...-4BBC-B22B-FB5DB0E09B29_zps9u9nuxkc.jpg[/img]

What style of table mount are you working with? Example 1 post leg screwed to underside of table and that fits in a hole? Two brackets attached to the wall with one folding leg? ... to attach the lego base plates use liquid nails it wont come off.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

do you have the room for another table. you really can't flip the table over without putting another pedestal mount on the other side. in which case the mount will always be in the way no matter which side was up. highdesertranger

Well I'm not into Lego's.............But if.....Let's say I wanted a Chess board instead of the table.........

I'd build a shallow box slightly smaller than the tabletop to contain the "game"........

Remove the pedestal base from the table and add it to the underside of the box........

Then add cleats to the bottom of the table so that they surround the box to hold the table securely in place............

Check Mate

doug

Been thinking what if this slid on more like a drawer does, in two little tracks and came off to sit on top of the current table. Something like this

e1fd28cc01b624629b4d7a7123644fd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 5fa2e2f44da7b2b0acf7d6d99f963a89.jpg
    5fa2e2f44da7b2b0acf7d6d99f963a89.jpg
    18.9 KB
Thank you so very much. I'm taking both ideas and incorporating them into one. I'll make the box, attach the pedestal, but, also include the drawers under the box.
You guys are brilliant!!!
Cheers.