Mindful Camp - Spring in Sedona

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFrancisDwyer

Reaction score
MCSedona.jpg

Check out the latest episode of "The Mindful Nomad" on YouTube for the most detailed information. The link to the video is

What: 14-day gathering involving morning meditation, evening mindful walking and hanging out around the campfire.
Who: Anyone drawn to mindfulness and a nomadic lifestyle.
When: March 19 - April 1, 2018
Where: On FR-525 between Cottonwood and Sedona, Arizona. Exact coordinates to follow once everyone has responded to the invitation.
How: Please email [email protected] to RSVP.
Why: Because it will be an amazing experience.

Attachments

• MCSedona.jpg
    MCSedona.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 19
Would it be possible to UP the sound on those videos you are making ?
this one
(even with computer-sound at 100%) could barely hear it. So
tried this one
, alas much the same..
Finally
tried this , & it was better.
So with the Volume increased, you might get more people interested. Sounds like a good plan?

I will work on getting the mic closer to me to increase the volume. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for not being defensive. - Instead happily follow a kind suggestion. :)

lots of software can normalize the sound without having to screw around with the mic

Great Initiative MFrancisDwyer! I wish I could join you guys.
We have plans to meet with friends in Death Valley in mid March and hang for a while, so won't be able to make this,
but I'd definitely be interested in a future one!!

This sounds absolutely wonderful. We’re near Dayton, Ohio; looking for a rig; we’re not retired yet but looking forward to taking time off. I’m tempted to take the dogs & head out in my Honda CRZ. I just bought the book: Mastering Mindfulness by Kim Davies. I need this Spring Gathering so much and I’ll email you if attending. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anna57 said:
This sounds absolutely wonderful. We’re near Dayton, Ohio; looking for a rig; we’re not retired yet but looking forward to taking time off. I’m tempted to take the dogs & head out in my Honda CRZ. I just bought the book: Mastering Mindfulness by Kim Davies. I need this Spring Gathering so much and I’ll email you if attending. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like you're about to begin a wonderful adventure in both travel and mindfulness. After seeing your dog's names on your profile, I'll be sure to sing "Poncho and Lefty" at a campfire one night if you can make it. All the best on your journey. I hope we will see you in Sedona.

P.S. Thich Nhat Hanh's "Being Peace" is a favorite book of mine.

StrayCat said:
Great Initiative MFrancisDwyer! I wish I could join you guys.
We have plans to meet with friends in Death Valley in mid March and hang for a while, so won't be able to make this,
but I'd definitely be interested in a future one!!
Sounds good. I'll be sure to keep you updated on future seasonal gatherings.

MFrancisDwyer said:
P.S. Thich Nhat Hanh's "Being Peace" is a favorite book of mine.

I’ll check the book out. Thanks! By the way the mutts names are Willie & Waylon. Hubs came up with that! I’m not a country fan at all. Give me the 70’s music any day!!! I look forward to your campfire song! :)

Yes, sir!  I'd like to come to that gathering.  I'm brand new to the full time lifestyle, and will be in that area anyway!  I can't wait to connect with other like-minded folks!

Thanks for posting the video. Looks beautiful.

UPDATE

As of right now, we are at 9 rigs and 12 people who have confirmed they will be attending the 2-week event in Sedona. If we include the maybes and those who will be stopping by for a short visit, we are up to 14 rigs and 19 people. That is an amazing response! I'm looking forward to spending mindful time with all of you in such a beautiful place. 

Please be sure to keep me updated on whether or not you will be able to attend the event by emailing me at [email protected].

Season 1 Episode 22 of "The Mindful Nomad: A YouTube Podcast" is now available.

In this episode I discuss the benefits of taking a late-afternoon hike/mindful walk, and I give an update on the Spring Mindful Camp gathering in Sedona, AZ.

Attachments

• S1E22 Cover.jpg
    S1E22 Cover.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 10
I did an audio recording of the gentle rain falling on the metal roof of my RV today. I turned it into a 1-hour meditative recording on YouTube that is meant to aid in your mindfulness practice and overall relaxation. I'm working on a 9-hour version for sleep as well and that should be uploaded in the near future.

I plan to record other relaxing sounds on my travels throughout the year and to create similar YouTube videos.

Oh my the volume is very quiet. Barely hear it :(

Anna57 said:
Oh my the volume is very quiet. Barely hear it :(

It did come out a little quieter than I'd hoped. The 9-hour version should be a bit louder. I'll upload it to YouTube sometime soon. I'll be sure to let you know when it's available.

Any requests for meditative sounds/nature sounds/white noise for the future?