Million Ways to Make Meatloaf

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of packaged stuffing works as a binder, too. It is basically dried bread. Just take a small handful, pound it until it is in small pieces or powder, and add it to the other ingredients.

LOL,  anyone getting tired of meatloaf ?   I don't ever think I would but growing up we ate a lot of it.   In fact my Grandmother would make a "Ham Loaf" from time to time to keep us from burning out on meat loaf.  As a kid I didn't like it as well as meat loaf but grew to love it as an adult and it isn't that much different to make. 

Recipe:

1 lb ground ham

2 eggs

1 cup of bread crumbs (or cracker crumbs if you like)

1 cup milk

mix all of this together to form a loaf and place in a larger loaf pan

in another bowl mix this sauce

1/2 vinegar (your choice of flavor or just use white vinegar) 

1/3 cup water

1 1/2 cup brown sugar

1 TB dry mustard but you could uses prepared mustard if you like to taste

brush most of this over the loaf but reserve a little for basting.  as the loaf cooks
you can dip a brush into the liquids and bast with it.  Baste often

Bake for about 2 hours at 325 degrees F.

If you like you can season with some ground cloves,  crushed pineapple (or juice)  or liquid smoke.

To prepare meatloaf I use ground beef, egg, onion chopped, milk, dried bread crumbs, salt and pepper, brown sugar, prepared mustard. I find it a very easy recipe for meatloaf. Very quick to prepare, and taste yum!

Latest posts