Met a Nomad

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGfromBC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I pulled into a rest stop along the highway to stretch my legs and use the facilities. There were 2 hitch hikers at the entrance. I lamented, not for the first time, that taking out 2 seats and and building in a bed, kitchen and other facilities in a car didn't leave room for other people. While I was looking at the mountains, one of the hitch hikers came over and asked if I could give them a ride to the next town. I opened the door as I explained that I had taken out 2 seats, added other things and there wasn't enough room.
He told me had hitch hiked in more than 100 countries on 4 continents and had travelled in much smaller spaces. I was intrigued. While he went to get the other person, I undid the straps on the rack on the back of my car so I could strap his wheelchair there.
That's how I got to spend an interesting afternoon helping Albert Casals get several hundred kilometers closer to Alaska.