Magnets

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ There's a good idea!

Now I wish I'd kept them to try out on a new project. Well, I'm not going to order them back. lol

Maybe I'll pick up a couple of the ones one of the hardware store has, just to try it out and see if it works.

I've taken neodymium magnets and wrapped them in fabric. Gives them kind of a handle, and makes them much easier to manage; if the fabric is thin (but strong cuz otherwise it will rip) you don't lose much power.  Looks sort of like this only of course much smaller and flatter.

Drumroll please, they are ... mag-nificent.   :rolleyes:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT26M9LBlo4GyHE7wRbbZxyNKG-r7O8r9Ax4w&usqp=CAU

- sorry, I didn't realize I couldn't edit the original post. This is my fave van idea but I didn't mean to post it twice.

wanderingsoul said:
^^ There's a good idea!

Now I wish I'd kept them to try out on a new project.  Well, I'm not going to order them back. lol

Maybe I'll pick up a couple of the ones one of the hardware store has, just to try it out and see if it works.
If you use regular magnets the fabric really has to be thin, or there isn't enough strength to get through very well.

Latest posts