Looking to join the tribe. Bags are packed.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks TL that's cool. Good luck on your hunt for a rig or the build if ya already got it. Yeah I'm gonna start a post on the captains log thing too cause I think i might have better luck running into people on the road. Take care!!

Made it to Walnut Canyon plenty of open spots here but some of them are kinda gnarly to get into and around in. I asked a lady I passed on the road where I could get a permit and she said they don't issue them the sheriff and rangers just drive through and do a tally of whose where. So that's cool that's how it was in Carson too. If I'm by myself and I run to the has station is there anyway to keep the spot for myself? There's a post with numbers on it at the entrance of every camp do yall like tie ribbons to em or anything just as a friendly hey Im still here just ran out for whatever? Im thinking prolly not huh? I guess that would be a benefit for people that can un hook from there house.

Yeah , no way to reserve a free to everyone site but that gets you a new spot that might be even better.

You could fill the tank and buy extra food / water before you look for a place if you want to stay put for a while.

Putting miles behind you at first seems like the way to go . Eventually you realize that you are driving right by all kinds of cool things that you would like to see or explore at leisure.
You may never pass that way again , right?

Congrats on figuring that out sooner rather than later.

Hi. I am also looking for Bob's tribe. I also reached out to him and he told me to post here. I will be in Flagstaff tomorrow (5-22-17). Tonight I am staying at a rest stop outside of Flagstaff. If someone could give me the name of a campsite to meet any tribe members I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Laura

Im staying at walnut national monument there is room here. Just follow the signs then your second left dirt road. But yeah Im looking for the tribe too with not much luck. But the informal gathering is on for sure you could go to that post maybe?

Hey thanks! Maybe I'll see you at Walnut. I'll also look for the other post. Much appreciated.
Laura

Laura and 4x4 gamer. There is a group of us camped out in a really nice part of the forest near Flagstaff. Would you like for me to PM you the GPS coordinates?

4x4gamer said:
Awesome!! Me and Laura are at walnut. Yeah that would be great thank you we'll prolly see ya tomorrow.

I sent you both a private message with the GPS coordinates. We look forward to meeting you both!