Looking for a realistic day in the life?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL yes it's a typo from the original.  (last word is plan)   But I don't want to sound like a @*&^#$  Life insurance Salesman.

I do have a problem with the "drive, drive, drive" mentality. While it might not be a deal for the folks who do not stay in parks, it does get costly. If you stay in parks, save a little money and stop in a park for a month to take advantage of the monthly rates. This will give you a nice savings on your "lodging" budget. Also you can thoroughly explore an area and see the lesser known sights. It will also save you fuel $$. By parking your RV (whatever it is) you can use your towed to daytrip. Toweds tend to be cheaper to drive. Staying for a month will give you the opportunity to find the better places to shop.

jimindenver said:
After 7 years, it should be me asking you what you do.

I'm not on the road full time but life in the rig is much the same as life here at the house without the work part. We sleep, clean, eat, take care of the rig along with various entertaining things. Pretty much the same as the grand parents did when they retired. The down and dirty is pretty much just a part of the day like anything else.

:) Wow now I have to rest  LOL

I think RVSue's blog will give you a realistic day in the life.  She seems to live on $1000 a month or lower.

As an engineer, I think I can entertain myself in almost any environment.  I built a vacuum tube from scratch just to see if it could be done with rudimentary tools (I used only items that would have been available 500 years ago).  It worked and amplified a signal.   I look forward to being "bored" in the desert as that is when I am the most creative.   Sitting at home in front of the computer or tv is where I really am bored.