long time traveler, first time poster...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seminole Wind

Reaction score
my name is kenny. if you wonder about my screen name, just google that song and after listening a few times you'll know where my heart lays.

van life started early for me. camping with mom in a new 77 dodge van with a 318 and 3 on the tree, at age 8. we built a bed in the back packed coolers and camp gear under the bed tossed in a few extra cushions and we were camping. though it was only a get away, it was also the daily driver for mom. she ran a home daycare. lots of day trips to parks and the beach.

mom n i traveled a lot of places in our old van, yosemite, colorado, sedona az, and many places inbetween. as i got old enough to drive i got to solo on occasion. my first big(ish) solo was san diego to fort collins co for a NOAC at age 18.  i still have that old van and may be putting her back on the road in the near future.

i have traveled in many riggs over the years. from the van, jeep, sailboat, 4runner, 4door sedan, and lived in geo metros, the van, and for now a minivan. I ave been a full time "van dweller" the last 2years but only moved up from the metro to the minivan about 3 months back. since then ive covered some 14,000 miles living and exploring.

at this moment I am anchored in the san juan islands aboard my sailboat doing a lot of kayaking and just relaxing and living free. though tomorrow I head off into the mountains of washington chasing the elusive morel. then im off to the southern oregon coast fishing, kayaking and foraging.

I look forward to both learning and sharing here and I hope you all will join me along the way, figuratively if not in person.

kenny

Welcome aboard Kenny!
While I was reading I wondered if you still had the original van or were looking for another one. I'm sure you using it will make mom very happy.

Kenny! Welcome to the CRVL forums! It sounds like you'll have plenty of stories to share. I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Kenny,  I think you'll find this forum has a great diverse group of peopel and of course is a library for all things camping.  Like others your travels sound quite different than most and will allow many of us to travel along.  It's so great you got such an early start.