Long drive what do you do, I sing ha ha

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoamingUSA79

Reaction score

Always helps the mind and heart just to sing good or bad. Here is me singing John Legend "All Of Me" 

What do you do on long drives?

I think there are LOTS of car singers out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly I just drive without music or other stuff such as talk radio or audio books. It was different when I was younger, then I pretty much always had some music on. My friend I sometimes travel with usually has an audio book, podcast or NPR on.

Audio books. Sure makes the miles fall away. Sometimes it is just me and the road, silence is golden.

I've tried the loud music thing. After a short while my brain starts shutting down from the "noise". Good for 15 minutes or so at best for me. The audio books at least keep me engaged.

Driving long distance and listening to music triggers memories of the past. I will sing to the past, On some songs I dance in my seat and sing away. Helps to get the blood flowing and release feel good endorphins.

I listen to the Howard Stern show... it keeps me entertained and alert at the same time... ;)

Music puts me to sleep, I do NPR or talk radio as my brain arguing keeps me awake, and I yell at some callers too.

I prefer silence. I watch the scenery, I watch out for the dangerously stupid people, and I take a break every 2 hours that includes walking around for 10 minutes or so.