LIFT KIT question...E 150 ford

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpa pete

Reaction score
I can't locate a 2 inch rear lift kit for my 2000 Ford E 150 van....( if you can let me know please ) ...My question here is ...Can I use a lift kit for a Ford 2000 F 100 truck  ???

it depends, your best bet would be to go to a shop that installs lift kits and ask them.

also there are many different ways to get a 2" lift kit, what are you looking at?

also why do you want to lift it?

I have installed hundreds of "lift kits", I do know a little.

highdesertranger

grandpa pete said:
 ...My question here is ...Can I use a lift kit for a Ford 2000 F 100 truck  ???

F-100's went the way of the dodo in the mid 80's...this is an F-150, right? Half ton pickup?

There should be a lift kit available just about anywhere.

You mention both a truck and a van...now the E-150 van, well it might be a bit harder to find one for that, being 2WD...but I bet they can be found.

thankyou tx2sturgis ; you are correct I did mean a F150 pickup...

ANY help out there ???

once again,

why do you want a lift kit? and what type are you looking for? there are many types of lift kits designed to do many different jobs.

highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
once again,

why do you want a lift kit?  and what type are you looking for?  there are many types of lift kits designed to do many different jobs.

highdesertranger

lifting the rear with 2 inch lifting blocks will allow me to go to a larger wheel and tire .

You can call Alyssa at https://weldtecdesigns.com/ and she will give you a straight answer. She's a great gal and knows her stuff, always give me a correct straight answer. Plus I like her chill vibe :D

I didn't end up going with Weldtec only for the reason I wanted a higher Ford lift and I'm doing a 6x6 conversion.

Good luck with your project!

ok I got an answer. in your case yes a F-150 kit would work. if,

1. the axle tubes are the same diameter in case you need to change the U-bolts
2. the blocks are the same width as the springs

all this is assuming your E-150 has a spring over axle set up.

you could also do an add-a-leaf or airbags. with airbags being the best choice of the three.

do not discount #1-2 above. I can help you out but you need to answer my questions when I ask. I am not asking for the fun of it.

highdesertranger