• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lectric 2.0 bike for sale

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timo

Reaction score
I recently purchased an electric bike that was recommended on cheaprv. The bike is obviously well made, and very sturdy. I only rode it about 100 ft before I said enough for me! I hate to take a hit on money, but this bike is not going to be fun to put in and out of my van (it's really heavy) or for me to ride. I paid $899 for it and I will sell it for $699. I can meet you within 100 miles of Portland, OR. It came with saddlebags and charger.

https://lectricebikes.com/collections/ebikes

Timo said:
. The bike is obviously well made, and very sturdy. I only rode it about 100 ft before I said enough for me! 
What didn't you like about it, the weight should have been obvious, but shouldn't affect riding it ?

One thing most people don't realize is they are 3 times heavier almost than a regular bike and fat tire bikes even with the smaller 20" rims are tall. In fact if you have less than a 30" inseam you will most likely have some difficulty mounting and dismounting. There are times when on soft sand or when making a turn that when accelerating the wheel will spin losing traction and because of the extra weight you will need to step off the bike to hold it up, which will require both legs on the one side of the bike. I highly recommend a true step through frame like the Rad Mini one. The original Rad Mini's bar and rack have caused my wife not to like riding her bike and have caused most people using it to fall at least once as they cannot control the weight like a regular bicycle especially when the torque of the electric motor comes into play. I have dropped mine once as I have a milk crate as a basket on the back and have to step over the frame to mount and dismount. There is a learning curve to deal with and injury is possible until you learn to deal with the unexpected weight and torque.

Decades of riding motorcycles gives you all the skills you could need to handle a bicycle

Latest posts