Leash training cats......hopefully

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abnorm said:
Welcome to the forums...………………...I use a soft sided octagon shaped tent/habitat for my two cats on the road......Pet Gear brand

after a year of constant use the top zipper is about to give up the ghost...…………my pictures are in other threads in Pet

Thanks.  I think I'm going to use the large dog crate that I have (it folds flat) so he can go "outside" when we're camped.  I'm still going to need a harness for him though, not so much for walking but just so I can have him secure.

martina21953 said:
Thanks.  I think I'm going to use the large dog crate that I have (it folds flat) so he can go "outside" when we're camped.  I'm still going to need a harness for him though, not so much for walking but just so I can have him secure.

I have found that cats prefer to have a crate with a cover with small openings to peek out of. They like to be hidden when in strange places as they feel safer. If you can find one that is short enough to tuck under the RV that is even better as it is shaded and cooler on hot days and warmer on cold days.  You won't need a crate cover when they hang out under the RV. They naturally tend to hang out under cars, under porches etc. So just do for them what they would choose to do for themselves.

I have a regular plastic crate set up as a regular bed option. That way they always feel at home for trips to the vet or for riding in the car. It is their secure, comfort hideout. It can also be strapped to the passenger seat when driving so that they don't go flying if I have to hit the brakes hard. In the winter months I line their crate with Reflextic, then their own body heat keeps them nice and cozy. I also have a soft crate that they like to hang out in.

For a place to hide and a snug warm spot, go to Google Images and look up 'Cat Cave'.