Learned a new word today

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBski

Reaction score
Coddiwomple (v.) Origin: English Slang Word. Definition: To travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination.

I leave out Saturday and just plan to coddiwomple.  My plan is to have no plan :)
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.6 KB
Ok then. What is the derivation of this word. It's gotta have a strange story behind it.

How about this word?
One of my favorites.

indubitably

Indubitably means "without doubt." If you say that you are indubitably going to run for class president, you're sure of it.
With five syllables, indubitably is kind of a mouthful. Here's how to say it: "in-DOO-bit-a-blee." And while it is more of an old-fashioned adverb, indubitably remains a unique way to say "undoubtedly." In fact, doubt and indubitably share a root in the Latin word dubitabilis, meaning "doubtful." Adding the prefix in- makes something done indubitably without a doubt.

That's great Trebor good combo of words. Indubitably! Without a doubt!
And don't let your coddiwomple!

FiddleFart: See Coddiwomple...

So, would that be coddiwomple, coddiwompling, coddiwompled, coddiwompler?

I want a t-shirt that says Coddiwompler!

Me?  I just go Walkabout. 

an occasion in which an Australian Aborigine goes on a long walking journey on land that is far from towns and cities

towhee said:
Ok then. What is the derivation of this word. It's gotta have a strange story behind it.

A "towhee" is named for the sound it makes Its name is imitative, as the dictionary puts it.

Latest posts