Large Potty for RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey

Reaction score
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <span id="post_message_1275695856">We had a portable outhouse at a family hunting club,when I was younger. It was just a box with a toilet seat mounted on it. It was&nbsp; over a hole that was about two or three feet deep. About once a day they would throw some lime in the hole. The lime stops the smell and kills the bacteria in the poop. Something like this would work great at a large get together.</span>

Lime stops the stink and preserves the poop.&nbsp; It's illegal on most public land.&nbsp; Last year there was a small tent with a 5-gallon bucket for people without their own facilities, I think they add kitty-litter to dry it up.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Is it the lime that's illegal?

Old thread, I know.

Laws prohibit having an "outhouse" that allows human waste to be absorbed into soil on public land. In simple terms, you must haul your waste to a sani-dump and dispose of it properly.
Even grey water (from washing dishes) on the ground can bring a ranger down on your camp.

People at RTR know how to deal with the situation. Talk with experienced clan members for safe options.

Planning on using my bucket potty at RTR. Still working on safely disposing of grey water; will depend on whether I bring my TT or not.

I interpret this to mean, bring lots and lots of plastic bags for storing and safely disposing of your human stuff, haha!