Landrover re configure into a one person home on wheels shakedown

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaky roof

Reaction score
Morning all.. 

At some point during my project, I had to actually use it. An opporunity came up a couple of weekends ago with our local camping forum getting together for 4 days, at a campground about 100Km from where I live.

So there I was surrounded by trailer palaces, micro camping out of my Landy.

I set the Landy as a "static-pitch", IE put up my awning, and took my pool lounger with.... Roadside, I won't be doing that obviously.

Really chuffed to say that, even in it's raw and unfinished state, other than the 2 burner stove I elected to use, everything worked well. (I've since changed my 2 burner back to my original choice.

So here are the pictures.

Talking about pictures, Last night browsing the forum, someone said that it's better for the reader to put the pictures as an attachment...

Something about bandwidth? Me I don't understand all that stuff, I dont even have a smartphone.... Don't need it... Have no interest in one...... Don't want one...

I put pictures into my posts so that I can title them and give a short explination... If that's not right someone guide me? THNKS

So anyhow, here are "the shakedown" pics

Second morning. Now that 2 burner did not "gel" with the set up, because it's a free standing unit, IE has it's own legs. That meant that I had to issue with folding it up each night. (there is no quick connect for the gas pipe). but it worked ok... It's one from my collection and dates back to the mid 1960's, a gourgous little fella, just not the right one for this application.
landy re config 6 second morning.jpg

Hookup failed, out with my suitcase solar. In the background, hanging out my bedding in the sun, the UV from sunlight kills all sorts of things and helps a lot to keep bedding fresh.
landy re config 6 solar panel electricity out.jpg

Here is my "front" door.....how I get in & out.
landy re config 6 access through rear door.jpg

Me walking round in my sleeping bag, down to -4 Deg C .... Yip it's a sleep suit wonderful for many reasons
landy re config 6 walking in my sleeping bag.jpg

Warm & cozy inside Temp outside below freezing, I do have a picture of ice frozen on the bonnet the next morning..
A HUGE shoutout to Cheaprvliving, I can sit upright.... Thanks for that tip... I dogged a ton of bullets & a re-make...
landy re config 6 inside at night cosy.jpg

50L Waeco Freezer fridge installation, full access through off-side rear door... HUGE build problem, because of the wheel well
landy re config 2 fridge freezer installation 2.jpg

Blackout curtains not nearly complete... My Idea is to just put the material over the door and close the doors. I've hung a stretch chord across to screen off the cab from the back, and have 2 pieces of material for the "curtain" The material is waterproof...
landy re config 5 blackout curtains rear door.jpg

My self made bicycle rack on the front... Still raw, still incomplete but it works great.
landy re config 6 bicycle on rack on the fron.jpg

From the driver's perspective
landy re config 6 tryout bicycle on ftont view.jpg

First cookup, my favorite, Spagettie bolognaise. This is the 2 burner that did not fit in so well, I've changed out to my original choice
 landy re config 6 first meal spagbol.jpg

Here is my original choice for a 2 burner, and my chuckbox / tailgate kitchen... These photos where taken during the build, outfitting /  try-out phase
landy re config 2 tailgate kitchen.jpg

Attachments

• landy re config 6 second morning.jpg
    landy re config 6 second morning.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • landy re config 6 solar panel electricity out.jpg
    landy re config 6 solar panel electricity out.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • landy re config 6 access through rear door.jpg
    landy re config 6 access through rear door.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 10
  • landy re config 6 walking in my sleeping bag.jpg
    landy re config 6 walking in my sleeping bag.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • landy re config 6 inside at night cosy.jpg
    landy re config 6 inside at night cosy.jpg
    841.5 KB · Views: 18
  • landy re config 2 fridge freezer installation 2.jpg
    landy re config 2 fridge freezer installation 2.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 10
  • landy re config 5 blackout curtains rear door.jpg
    landy re config 5 blackout curtains rear door.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • landy re config 6 bicycle on rack on the fron.jpg
    landy re config 6 bicycle on rack on the fron.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • landy re config 6 tryout bicycle on ftont view.jpg
    landy re config 6 tryout bicycle on ftont view.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • landy re config 6 first meal spagbol.jpg
    landy re config 6 first meal spagbol.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • landy re config 2 tailgate kitchen.jpg
    landy re config 2 tailgate kitchen.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
Great pictures. I appreciate the detail and like that I can expand them. Your build reminds me of some of the vehicles at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff. Having an organized 'kitchen' with workspace is important. Do you have enough room to sleep inside without unloading?

Morning Z...
Tahnks for posting on a few of my posts, I'm glad that I can be part of the "info stream"

Yes unloading...... That was a planned static camp, so I also took my pool lounger which I use when I'm..........
Well, Lounging around I suppose....

Part of my build brief was "nothing on the bed"... Well I almost got that right, all I have is my spider chair and in this case my lounger