Landowner ends public access to BLM land

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I deleted a couple of posts. no political, no conspiracy theories, no speculation about secret societies that want to control the world. there are other forums for that junk. highdesertranger

Shame they couldn't come to a better solution like having the government purchase the bit of land where the road is.
At least the guy is still letting government and the park rangers access it via the road.
According to the the news report, it's not the only road into the BLM lands, so he's not actually stopped the public from accessing it entirely, just via the road that's on the property he owns.

It's nice he's let the public use his road all this time, it sounds like this is an issue that should've gotten cleared up and straightened out decades ago.

highdesertranger said:
I deleted a couple of posts.  no political,  no conspiracy theories,  no speculation  about secret societies that want to control the world.   there are other forums for that junk.  highdesertranger

I see. Like that post you deleted implicating the current administration for selling of public land.

What more concerns those intending to reside on public land?

The government also could close the road that goes to that point if they control the land. Let him find another way in.
Many people have bought land that does not have a legal access to it.

There are 100's (thousands?) of parcels of BLM land in the west that are landlocked, no public access.  Just because the government owns the land does not automatically mean you can use it.

DannyB1954 said:
 . . . Many people have bought land that does not have a legal access to it.

Then many people are idiots.  Nobody serious about obtaining land would buy or lease a piece of land without doing their due diligence.

let me speculate a little.

if that road was recently built by the land owner, then the land owner has every right to close it. the road has no legal precedent as a right of way. if the road has a right of way established it cannot be closed.

this is what I am talking about only giving one side of the story. the OP seems to be trying stir up controversy by not giving the whole story. highdesertranger

I was courious about blocks of land in and around the Tucson Arizona area especially south of Tucson around Green Valley that maps indicated were BLM land. They were smaller blocks that appeared to have access at the end of a road but sometimes beside a road. When I went looking they almost all had had a land owner close them off with a fence or gate, some had had adjoining property owners build structures and houses across access roads blocking them. I could not believe that one had been subdivided and houses were being built on one appeared at least on the maps to be BLM land. This usually happened when several family members owned adjoining properties it appeared. I went to the BLM office in Tucson to inquire how often they inventoried these several small blocks of land that they control and if anyone was ever cited for clearly claiming or restricting public use of BLM land. Their answer was due to understaffing and the huge legal fees affect on their buget small parcels (most of the ones I was looking at were 50 acres or less) were off their radar and hadn't been looked at in years. They offered to let me volunteer my time to help inventory larger parcels as they hadn't had a chance to look at those in recent years but due to lack of funding offical action might never happen. I couldn't imagine getting shot for trespassing on BLM land but after talking with some of the people doing this I believe it could happen. Go to your local BLM office, get a few maps and take a look for yourself how small parcels of BLM land are being used. It will be enlightening.

Same thing with beach access that has been an issue for some time. [Selfish aholes that think they can own something that cannot be owned.]
The landowners do not have title to the beach.
The issue is closing existing easements that allow public access to the beach, or BLM land.
If the access appears on the plat maps, then they cannot arbitrarily close that access.
If a drainage ditch appears on the maps, the owner cannot fill in that ditch.

AreWeLostYet said:
I see. Like that post you deleted implicating the current administration for selling of public land.

What more concerns those intending to reside on public land?

(yawn) Here we go again......

Dude, if you don't like the rules here, go someplace else.

Jeebus, you are tiresome.

Latest posts