Know your Tools

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dremel drill with assorted attachable bits and cutting tools that cut perfectly into the countertop while completely avoiding the item you were working on.

Staple gun that flattens the staples before actually puncturing the wood... until you fiddle with the darned thing and get a perfect staple through your thumbnail.

An my personal favorite, the chisel... removes skin from knuckles in one easy motion while trying to remove it from the wood it has permanently embedded itself into.

I dropped my skill saw once while still rotating and cut through the pocket of my blue jean shorts. No major injury until I cleaned up my mess and took the garbage bag out to the dumpster. A dog food can lid came through the bag and sliced a three inch gash into my bare leg. OUCH!

you gotta admit,,,,when that staple goes thru the nail you feel really alive though.

There have been times ~~~

Attachments

• Combonation wrench.jpg
    Combonation wrench.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11
As long as we're on the subject of bizarre tools, this is what I carry on my belt most days.

IMG_0258.jpeg

The one in the middle is a specialty stage lighting tool. For about 90% of what I do, it replaces a crescent wrench, a pin spreader and a continuity tester saving me a lot of back and forth between the stage and my workshop. Oh! And they all make passable substitutes for a hammer!

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpeg
    IMG_0258.jpeg
    566.6 KB · Views: 15
REALLY???? NO ONE is going for the most obvious one?

:D

Ok... I'll just laugh and shut up.